• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what's the deal with skyjacker

wentz912

alright, flame away, delete it, whatever needs to be done if this really doesn't work.

Anyhow, i think I remember hearing somewhere on Pirate that after the OME 2" lift for the second gen toyota, the Skyjacker 3" kit is the best off the shelf bolt on kit.

True?

Anyhow, I went and did some searching around and what not at their site and the kit comes with front 3" "Softride" springs and rear 2" "Softride" springs, the reason for the difference in the lift height between the two is because of the stock rake to the vehicle.

True?

Lastly, how feasible would it be to mix in some of my stock rear leaves with the Skyjacker packs in order to get more flex?

Can it be done?

Thanks for your time.

Yes--they are not a bad setup for a totaly stock rig....

We used to run the 5" springs about 8-9 years ago and they worked well...

Yeah i think that it was actually you that posted that one pirate too right crash? And it would work alright to use the main leafs out of that at the least and mix in some other leaves to get more flex?

wentz912 said:
Yeah i think that it was actually you that posted that one pirate too right crash? And it would work alright to use the main leafs out of that at the least and mix in some other leaves to get more flex?

I think I did---this npost sounds familure to something I read over there..

But yes mixing leafs with the skyjacker mains is ok. There is nothing wrong with going that route but its kinda waiste of $$ unless you are able to get the springs fairly cheap. And another thing is if you still have push/pull stearing your going to find flex hard on your steering parts/driver side shock...

crash said:
I think I did---this npost sounds familure to something I read over there..

But yes mixing leafs with the skyjacker mains is ok. There is nothing wrong with going that route but its kinda waiste of $$ unless you are able to get the springs fairly cheap. And another thing is if you still have push/pull stearing your going to find flex hard on your steering parts/driver side shock...

So I'd be wasting time and money. And I should just wait until I can afford OME or find the ability to weld on the frame yada yada yada

wentz912 said:
So I'd be wasting time and money. And I should just wait until I can afford OME or find the ability to weld on the frame yada yada yada

To save yourself $$ and learn from my experiances--yes :;

Alrighty then, i feared that was going to be the answer but of course I tried to cheap out and see how i could make it work instead of doing it the right way.

Bah, looks like I'm just going to spend my money on a rear locker, build some sliders, get some cuttable 32" swampers and go like heck

but then again your stuck on isabel and managed to roll your truck off that stump now didnt you?

haha just messing with you, how well do they perform? what size do you have and what tires are you running?

I think they started out as 5" but have sagged to about 3" No flex monster but it seems to get me where I want to go and just right for 38s with a little sawzall and hammer time.

Last edited:
I just did waggys in the rear and have some for the front to go on at some point. For off the shelf springs the skyjacker fronts do work pretty good once broke in.

?

crash said:
The rears will work good if you pull a leaf or put more weight over them.

So i could either do this (by puttin my canopy on), or bolt in some waggys for the rear and wait for the front skyjackers to settle in right? I wouldn't be doin my wallet or myself in the :kissmyass: by doin that would i?

I know most of you guys would just tell me to leave the suspension alone for now and jsut go with a locker and some tires, but with where I've been wheeling, the amount of articulation that I have, or lack thereof, has been a serious limiting factor on some of my fave one-line only trails.

Not to mention a flex-less suspension is worthless for poser pics:corn: :cool: :flipoff:

Latest posts

Back