• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

whats your guys opinion

cameron_garrison

17.jpg

just scored a set of fox air shocks 14" travel for the rear of my truck and im exploring ideas for rear link so opinions on this pros cons for three links im not sure if id call this a ybar or not but i like that you can reuse your tank

That "y-bar" will not hold up. In this application, it's serving 2 (at least) purposes, and not doing a very good job of either. There is a reason that linkage suspensions generally use triangulated links.

Compared to the relative expense of a proper suspension setup (and the additional expense of the consequences of a poorly designed one), a fuel cell is cheap.

64FJ40 said:
That "y-bar" will not hold up. In this application, it's serving 2 (at least) purposes, and not doing a very good job of either. There is a reason that linkage suspensions generally use triangulated links.

Compared to the relative expense of a proper suspension setup (and the additional expense of the consequences of a poorly designed one), a fuel cell is cheap.

Ditto.

And judging by the control arm angles you are going to need some burl ass limiting straps to keep the axle from driving itself under the vehicle.

If you want to keep your stock fuel tank than copy the toyota rear link set-up done by Shaffers offroad.

cameron_garrison said:
thats the picture

If yer saying thats the shaffer pic yer wrong. They run a parallel 3 link with panhard and a huge tower to hook the upper link up. In my opinion a purposely bent link is desitned for failure, Unless its heavily beefed up.

Do a 4 link with cell.

i could of swor i saw that on pirate saying it was the shaffer build that they were going to sell in there kit if so im wrong sorry i will probably do a triangulated 4-link

Trail Gear has a set up that allows you to use the stock tank, uses parallel with a panhard, check out their site for pics.

Latest posts

Back