• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wheeler tool storage?

Grommit327

So what do you guys use to organize your tools in your wheeler. I have been just throwing in my whole 4 drawer craftsmen box into my tote but it weighs about 100lbs and is a pain to get in and out when you need something. Plus I have tons of tools/stuff that I really don't need for the truck. So what ideas do you have for storing just tools for the trail...I was thinking maybe a flat style tackle box type thingy might be good for getting everything organized

I used a couple of the small nylon craftsman tool bags in about a 12x14x24" plastic tool box. It's lighter that way and you don't hear all the tools bouncing and sliding around.

J

soft bags are the way to go, it's good to have a wrench roll, and socket organizers in the bags

orygunner said:
soft bags are the way to go, it's good to have a wrench roll, and socket organizers in the bags

I went down to lowes and picked up 2 sets of small canvas bags that can be unclipped from the rest. they come in a set of three, small bag for 1/4", med for 3/8' and large for 1/2. The large one has an outside pocket I use to things like socket swivles and stuff. Just wrote on them with marker METRIC on one and SAE on the other. Works great, I bag everything makes for easy organization in a cloth bag. Got a bag for each. ratchets and extensions. screw drivers. ect.

Main bag is still heavy as hell though.

I've got my tools in a bag and my recovery gear in a bag, then in a plastic tote. However my tool bag is still heavy. May have to go to a third bag so I can split the tools up(metric in one bag and standard in another)

Hmmm...good ideas here. I know I have way too many tools in my truck but I carry them in case I'm ever on a run with a jeep:flipoff: (or if I have to fix my jeep front axle:mad: )

Anyways I like the idea of having a couple tool wraps all contained in a larger bag along with the bigger tools...I think it will fit better in my large plastic tote than my heavy craftsmen rally box. I was looking at the ones from polyperformance until I saw the price...$45 for a fawkin piece of fabric...so the wraps from MSC look like a much better deal

I recently picked up a two bag set from Sears on sale for $20.

It was a special package buy 1 get one free deal. They apear to be even better quality than the bag I had picked up at Lowes several years ago.

Grommit327 said:
So what do you guys use to organize your tools in your wheeler. I have been just throwing in my whole 4 drawer craftsmen box into my tote but it weighs about 100lbs and is a pain to get in and out when you need something. Plus I have tons of tools/stuff that I really don't need for the truck. So what ideas do you have for storing just tools for the trail...I was thinking maybe a flat style tackle box type thingy might be good for getting everything organized

I just use a Binder...he carries all the tools in his buggy so I never bring any. Problem solved :redneck:

Latest posts

Back