• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to find reasonably priced lifts?

Youngbone

I have a 1984 toyota 4 runner with the solid axle. Everything is stock on it but the tires. I'm looking for a good deal on a 6 inch suspension lift kit (preferably spring) but I will take block too. I just want to lift it 6 inches and hopefully fit some 35's or something and make it a good wheeling rig. I'm going to do gears in the transfer case and just keep the stock 4:10's in the differentials I think, but either way I want to get the lift situated first. Anyone know if I will need a 6 inch suspension and like a 2 inch body lift in order to clear 35's good? Thanks for all your help in advance guys,

CJ

reaserch there are many methods to acheive this much lift.
marlin crawler,trail gear,allproo offroad all make nice super flexy lift kits,but at a cost$$. all these sights have informative forums also.
if its gonna a be a d.d you should still think about gears in the diffs.

I thought solid axle lift kits were a lot cheaper than IFS lift kits, but after researching these sites it looks like I should've just bought an ifs one with a fuel injected engine in it :(. I didn't want to pay 1000+ for a lift kit, 4 inches for ifs is like 700 bucks :rolleyes: ...

I thought solid axle lift kits were a lot cheaper than IFS lift kits, but after researching these sites it looks like I should've just bought an ifs one with a fuel injected engine in it :(. I didn't want to pay 1000+ for a lift kit, 4 inches for ifs is like 700 bucks :rolleyes: ...

You can pick up a set of chevy rears for $50. Fab a set of hangers up, and bolt the stock rears into the front and your lift is takin care of. You'll need shocks, brakelines, a steering setup, and your driveshafts lengthened to finish it up.

avoid blocks. also, youll regret going any bigger than a 5" lift later on down the road. tall trucks aren't really desireable. like these guys said: with a little help, elbow grease, and part sourcing, you can have a dependable suspension for cheap. toyota rears up front are common and decent for front springs, and chev 63" springs out back (although undesireably long) do the trick for many. go to pirate's toyota FAQ and check out some of the rigs with this setup and see what you think. i'm gonna run rears up front, and i havent decided about the rear setup yet. i want a max of 3 of lift to keep it low. im just gonna clearance my tires with a sawzall hehehe.:D

if you dont want to mess with 63's you can always use chevy 52's in the back just a little longer than toyotas and wil give you the lift you want youll just have to play with the leafs to get it as soft as youd want

I got a set of Chevy springs out of a blazer that are 59 inches long. You wanna move your rear axle about 1 1/4 inches back to center it in the wheel wells. You could bring it over here and i'll help ya stick them in. Putting the stock rears in the front will move the front axle forward 2 inches. You're gonna want shocks with about 14 inches of travel all the way around. You can get breaklines at pacific hose and rubber, extending the driveshafts is fairly simple.

Latest posts

Back