• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which brand?

wentz912

Alright, I know I might get reemed a new one for asking something like this, but who, in your guys honest opinion from personal or closely related experience, makes the most efficient "Box brand" lift kit. I'm talking the guys other then AP, TG, and all those other guys that you've gotta weld to the frame on, because I've decided to go a different way. That and I can't afford to now or ANY time soon. I'm not against making modifications to leaf packs, but would prefer not to. I don't want to even think about going with rear blocks, definitely need springs, looking for 2.5"-4" and don't wanna spend more than $500. I thought about the OME and Deavers but again, they're out of my price range for a good while and I HAVE to do something about my suspension because it's ridiculous right now. Thanks for the help guys.:awesomework:

-Wentz

depending on what year toyota truck you are talking about 3" is gonna be about it unless you go with a drop bracket lift like the tacoma 4" pro comp, 6" fabtech, 6" trailmaster, or the 5" TC lift.

kinda hard to tell what year truck is in your avatar looks like a pre-taco IFS truck. more details would help but if you are talking about a taco, 2.5-3" OME type lift and a 1" BL would not be a bad option. you could lift the rear with an AAL and shackle keeping he stock leaf pack and not using blocks.

if its the pre-taco IFS truck i think ranch makes a 4" lift thats not too $$$ if you can find one thats being taken off for a SAS.

Yeah it's an 84, so leaf springs all around. Would like to stay away from all pack additives....AAL's, blocks, and the like. Prefer to just drop in just a set of four new leaf springs. But don't know what is out there in that type of category that doesn't break the bank like OME.

you know, i thought about taht, but i've got worse luck then he does so i decided not to:fawkdancesmiley:

but seriously? have you guys had ANY luck with this kind a lift?

I know it's definitely not the best option. but by the time i really need enough flex and such where I would use the spenier kits I'm gonna change to fullsize axles. so I'm just gonna get something for the axles I have now to hold me over.

not trying to sound harsh,but if there was on out of the box kit that flexed well and gave a good lift for around $500! wouldnt we all be running them? rather then wasting our money on the other companies..
you could maybe use your rears up front to save some cost then look in j.c. whitney for some sort of lift spring for the rear or maybe they have a whole set front,and rear.

Well I found (finally) a place thats got a Rancho three inch kit for $541 anyone have any experience with their springs? Heck Rough country has a kit with everything including the rear springs for $299, Would it be worth it to go with a cheap-o one like that and then just play with the leave combination a little bit?

Latest posts

Back