• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

who builds a good 22re?

I have heard a lot of good stuff about Patrick but I had a buddy just recently buy a motor from him and have it go tits up pretty quick and got nothing but an asshole response and a bunch of back pedaling and well well well's. Not trying to bad mouth or have people on here get pissed off (since there's a lot of people he knows on here) and just stating the other side of it.

I have heard a lot of good stuff about Patrick but I had a buddy just recently buy a motor from him and have it go tits up pretty quick and got nothing but an asshole response and a bunch of back pedaling and well well well's. Not trying to bad mouth or have people on here get pissed off (since there's a lot of people he knows on here) and just stating the other side of it.
Not sure what to say about this but Patric is the guy I would go to.
There is all ways two sides to the story.

if anyone has this patricks number or email i wouldnt mind talking to him to see what he can offer. though i wouldnt mind buying an engine with a warranty. are there any good local shops that build a quality toyota engine? anymore suggestions?

I bought a rebuild engine from patric as well. Dropped it in and took it to the hammers for a week of engine "break in". That was three years ago with 3 trips to the hammers and a lot of NW wheeling. I have no complaints about his work!

LC is the high end of 4cyl performance rebuilds, just thought I would post the link. I only know one local guy that ran a 22RE from them and it would spin 39.5s better then any other RE I have seen.

Oh and mine pushed 42" IRocs up Stevens this winter at 60 plus with 5.29's. Not to brag for Patrics work but I was damn impressed!

Oh and mine pushed 42" IRocs up Stevens this winter at 60 plus with 5.29's. Not to brag for Patrics work but I was damn impressed!

Is that with the stock head and crank? How much did your motor cost?

Last edited:
Is that with the stock head and crank? How much did you motor cost?

Yes, and yes. It's got a cam from the guy on here who works for a cam outfit in tacoma iirc for pane. The KB hyperutectic (sp?) Pistons again to help with compression from power loss while running pane. Stock ignition and a crappy after market header... I don't really recall the price but more than 1,000 less than 1,500?

Last edited:
Patricks stuff is very resonable on the price as well, all around best bang for your buck and a local dude, just be careful he will talk your ear off if you let him hahaha

Back