• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ question

They help with on-road handling, and with bump steer. They may be removed, and you will have 'acceptable' road handling, but not 'superior'. However you will experience some bump steer when wheeling. Under extreme articulation, you will notice diminished steering also, however you will get more aticulation without the arms in place

Its has to do with their front suspension being a front shackle set up, which leads to the problems that moneypit mentioned.

Leaf sprung YJ's do not need them in the front or rear...if it's a daily driver only then leave it in, otherwise take it out and throw it away.

Yep... take 'em out, and put some disconnects on your front sway bar and throw the rear sway bar away (if you have one).

Enjoy the extra flex. :D

My YJ is Sprung over (SOA) and running no track bars at all. Also, my sway bar disconnects are too much of a pain to really be of use, so I leave my sway bar disconnected.

I do have a shackle reverse though..

things I've noticed are some of the stuff moneypit already mentioned.

My rig is a daily driver and so I just got used to the way it handles on the road.. The bumpsteer isn't too bad due to the steering dampener.. at least not bad enough to jerk the wheel out of my hands.

The only time I really feel the need to have the sway bar connected is when I'm loaded down for a camping run with extra weight.. I'll notice the body roll alot more with added weight. X2 if you have a roof rack with stuff on it.

Back