• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

12V versus 24V cummins 5.9L

War-Jeeper

Mailbox Killing War-Ho
so im getting ready to buy a tow rig and im curious what the diffrences in quality is in the two motors. i already know aout the dowel pin problem in the 12V but what else is there? discuss:corn:

That is the major one with the 12V, if you get a five speed I am told there is an issue with a nut in the trans.
As for the 24V the biggest issues I have heard about is the pump issues.

I take it you have looked into the differance in bombing them?
Have you been over to the NWBoomers site yet?
If not I would say head over and check it out.

That is the major one with the 12V, if you get a five speed I am told there is an issue with a nut in the trans.
As for the 24V the biggest issues I have heard about is the pump issues.

I take it you have looked into the differance in bombing them?
Have you been over to the NWBoomers site yet?
If not I would say head over and check it out.

ya i know you can get more out of the 24V but im not really worried about that as it will be stock for quite some time

nope never been to the bombers site i will have to go take a look:awesomework:

do tell:eeek:

tried signing up on nw-bombers but they dont like G-mail so i tried another e-mail and have yet to recieve any confermation e-mail:eeek:

gimme your email and I'll get you signed in..

12 valve has made the most hp as of yet, it's the cheapest to get to a certain hp level, and it's a little more reliable just because it has less to it.

Common rail is gaining in the hp war, but hasn't quite caught up to the 12 valve YET.

24 valve, they're doing well. Either way you go it really doesn't matter. It's just what you're willing to do and knowing what you should do once you get the truck..

And stock 12 or 24 valve trucks are absolute DOGS.. so just be ready for that.

I wouldn't call, 325 advertised hp, a dog. Everyone who had modded the crap out of anything, be it gas, diesel, motorcycle, boat, honda, etc., is going to think stock stuff sucks. :stirpot:

I wouldn't call, 325 advertised hp, a dog. Everyone who had modded the crap out of anything, be it gas, diesel, motorcycle, boat, honda, etc., is going to think stock stuff sucks. :stirpot:

the 600 motors are comon rail motors.
technicly yes they are 24v but when people talk 12v vs 24v they are usualy talking -02 trucks.

oh and 325hp is only about 280 on the ground... you think thats fun... get behind the wheel of 500+ lol:fawkdancesmiley:

Stock suck:looser:

And yes, i have driven stock

gimme your email and I'll get you signed in..

12 valve has made the most hp as of yet, it's the cheapest to get to a certain hp level, and it's a little more reliable just because it has less to it.

Common rail is gaining in the hp war, but hasn't quite caught up to the 12 valve YET.

24 valve, they're doing well. Either way you go it really doesn't matter. It's just what you're willing to do and knowing what you should do once you get the truck..

can i change it to my gmail one or do i have to use my AOL? i never check that one thats why i ask

the 600 motors are comon rail motors.
technicly yes they are 24v but when people talk 12v vs 24v they are usualy talking -02 trucks.

oh and 325hp is only about 280 on the ground... you think thats fun... get behind the wheel of 500+ lol:fawkdancesmiley:

these horse powers are for older dodges like late 90's early 2000's?

can i change it to my gmail one or do i have to use my AOL? i never check that one thats why i ask

you can use your gmail account, it just has to be ok'd by one of the mods, it's how they keep the spam down.. If I tell them your email address.. they will ok it.

and late 90's to early 2000 model years gets you close to 200 at the wheels (mine was 180).. I've driven plenty of them stock.. They'd get the crap beat out of em by a mid 90's subaru legacy..

Last edited:
You can also try googling 'The Diesel Garage Forum' ; there's a wealth of info on there!!!

and late 90's to early 2000 model years gets you close to 200 at the wheels (mine was 180).. I've driven plenty of them stock.. They'd get the crap beat out of em by a mid 90's subaru legacy..
Who cares? Show us a Subaru that can TOW something, and then somebody MIGHT care.

Who cares? Show us a Subaru that can TOW something, and then somebody MIGHT care.

don't kid yourself dude.. There are tons of things out there that can tow pretty much anything anyone on here will tow.. You didn't just buy the diesel because it can tow your heep up that there hill at 45 mph...

don't kid yourself dude.. There are tons of things out there that can tow pretty much anything anyone on here will tow.. You didn't just buy the diesel because it can tow your heep up that there hill at 45 mph...
Maybe not, but I sure as hell didn't buy it so I could race Subarus.

Sam obviously isn't worried about that either. He wants to TOW ****. I can tell you that a stock 24 valve TOWS **** just fine. Who cares what it can do a the 1/4 when it's empty?