• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Kelly Builds Wyatt a Shaved & Narrowed 14b Rear

Support.
That truss seeing push and pull at the top. With the front tied to the snout on the 14b, the rear also got support down to the cover.
Probably overkill, but based on what these things see, I'd like to keep from ripping my top truss off.

Additionally, I look at it as sort of a hold up for the cover and the cover lends strength to the bottom of the case. As the case was flattened across the bottom is becomes inherantly weaker, the cover adds that beef back to it.

Blah, blah, more weight.

Ok, I knew what purpose it served. I just don't think it fits in with the rest of the buggy. Looks ghetto to me. I know you guys were in a rush to get the axle installed just doesn't look like something you would have on your buggy.
Could be done a lot neater.

Im not hating just giving an outsiders opinion. ;D

Cole said:
Ok, I knew what purpose it served. I just don't think it fits in with the rest of the buggy. Looks ghetto to me. I know you guys were in a rush to get the axle installed just doesn't look like something you would have on your buggy.
Could be done a lot neater.

Im not hating just giving an outsiders opinion. ;D

pfft you ain't seen the rest of the buggy! :flipgotcha: It's def. got some Kaiser Kompound tubing on it at this point :woody: :woody:

Not bad for a TJ Jeep there Wyatt! :drinkers:

Cole, you are spot on.
I hate the way it looks.

By that point we were rushed. But that just got us to the race. I will fix it with something asthetically better, as you'll note its still not painted.

Also no one commented on the bolts being 2"s too long?

I need to drill out a buncha holes on that truss, and work on securing the brake lines a WHOLE lot better.

InDaShop said:
Cole, you are spot on.
I hate the way it looks.

By that point we were rushed. But that just got us to the race. I will fix it with something asthetically better, as you'll note its still not painted.

Also no one commented on the bolts being 2"s too long?

I need to drill out a buncha holes on that truss, and work on securing the brake lines a WHOLE lot better.

I ain't gonna comment cause that'd be the pot calling the kettle black. I don't think it looks that bad man, cut the bolts with the Paul JR. and be done with it. Nobody gives a **** about aesthetics of the truss brace when you're flyin' up a rock wall or endoin' down the steep side thumb.gif

Paint it black and....RUN IT!

Got the worst of both worlds on here.. got Wyatt the perfectionist hot rod guy... and you got the bling blauwww interweb wheelers :flipoff1:

If it does the job and does it well it "looks" good to me.

Function over Form anyday.

you wanna take it to the car show, slap your blingy rearsteer 60 under it high rolla muh fugga :flipoff1:

the front and rear of the truss uprights are welded to the housing as well. when the truss rips off, it goes toward the pinion and away from the cover. that is a tension force from behind and a compression force to the front brace. I like having **** in tension. its easy to wad a piece of flat up, its hard to rip that piece in half. it was in a big ass hurry very late at night. it will get changed. look at the ****ing cover. wow. wyatt started with a piece made into an arc, then I came in and hurridly threw a few pieces of flat on the sides to get it on. totally diff than what I made for rob. aesthetics were'nt at the top of the list.

Here's some pics of the 14 bolt that Kelly did for me...

IMG_6481.jpg

IMG_6482.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

1TONZR2 said:
dem shackles are sexy!!! you gonna take that thing mud boggin!?!?!? :flipoff1:

**** RITE SON! I R CUM-PEE-TING in the VERTICAL LIMITS MID COAST MUD BAWGS IN PAOLA, KS... MIAMA COUNTAYYY!

:flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

Kelly is burnin me some slick lookin' shackles once I get around to givin him proper measurements thumb.gif

draggbody said:
man cut those ****ing u bolts off!!!!!!!

those were finger tight in the pics so I could set pinion angle honcho laughing1 :flipoff1:

or are you saying get rid of ubolt setup all together??

blacksheep10 said:
and then when I get them it'll be when I get around to doing it. table hasn't been up since wyatt left. busy

You know my big rush schedule Kelly.. idgaf it'll get done when it gets done... thumb.gif

BTW I wire wheel'd off any signs of this bitch having sat at the kaiser kompound and rattled it with only the best colorplace rattle bomb thumb.gif ****in A... Bitch is now IN like FLYNN :woody: I turned it around/ backed into the garage and will yank the toy front end tomarrow evening.... Start on the 60 implant on Sunday...

God damn Kelly I was tellin u those meds were helpin---fack I am actually able to focus on my busted ass rig now thumb.gif More accomplished in the past week that I've been on this **** than in the past 3 months laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

MUCHADO said:
God damn Kelly I was tellin u those meds were helpin---fack I am actually able to focus on my busted ass rig now thumb.gif More accomplished in the past week that I've been on this **** than in the past 3 months laughing1 laughing1 laughing1
No idea what this is about, but I suspect drugs. :eek: And you and Kelly talking about Meth and focus in the same sentence is molaugh

Seriously though, I'm on a steroid to kill the Poison Ivy I picked up at Hannibal. That **** must be meth. I have been an on task sum-bee this week. And I can barely get 5 hours of sleep a night, stuff is jacking me up, but I'm busting stuff out. I love it!

Hah no it's sum **** for ADHD... My mom and the Dr. have been tryin to get me on meds for a while and I finally gave in. thumb.gif