• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1990 yj 4.2

Whatever you buy, DO NOT get a 4cylinder. They are gutless and a waste of money. Later down the road you will wish you bought a 6 cylinder.

i agree with ya on that one joop thanks for lookin out :awesomework: i really like the 2000 it has enough work on it to wheel it but not so much i will have to redo a lot. pulse it is a year newer and has not had any top end problems i am going to meet with the guy with in the week

it is not a hard top. i would love to but i dont want sticks comin through my roof along with hoodlums who want my **** if you know what i am saying.

A hard top is easy to get the dana 60's the hydro assist will cost you way more and will last you forever that is a badass DD :cool:

Thats to much. I'll explain..

1. its a 4.2 carb'd
2. looks like its a little abused
3. check for rust. I see it's parked on the beach. Salt water eats them up.
4. How many miles??
5. nothing really special about it other than a lift and tires.

Ideally it's worth about $3500-4000.

My .02 on this thread.
I agree with all of JOOP's statements.
(the first thing I thought of was rust due to the beach pic)
I own a 1987 YJ and if I were to do it over again I would not buy the carb'd 4.2 , I've put a Weber and GM HEI on it to resolve the BS ignition, pseudo emissions junk that was on it but would prefer FI.
Replaced the BA10/5 trans and NP207 case with an AX15/NP231 combo.

For sure buy the 91 up 4.0 it's a way better setup and you'll get away from the crappy trans/t-case combo. (stay away from 87 and 88 for sure)
Plus side of the YJ...cheaper to lift and cheaper to buy.

Find one that hasn't been wheeled or one that has been wheeled but upgraded properly in the drivetrain. If you put 35" tires on the stock diffies and hammer it you'll start spitting parts.

Back