• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

I guess that I had better get off my dead ass and get the rig ready. I don't have anything really serious to do, but there are a number of things that "should" be done.

Jakob, of all things to require, food (most people bring that)? And not a winch???? I too am not a huge fan of 'requirements'....the list could go on and on.

Actually winches aren't required mainly because there isn't anything to winch to. instead we need to make sure everyone has tow ropes, there is usually lots of 'yanking' going on.

Come to think of it, I agree that there shouldn't be much for requirements, except if we get into a crowd of 20 rigs, they need to all have the proper equipment or else we won't make it. I think if there is at least an equipped vehicle in front of a less equipped vehicle we'll probably be just fine.

Anybody know of any place with prodigy brake controllers on sale? New tow rig needs a brake controller before this trip

Good yank points on either end of a rig should be mandatory. Thus the reason why I will not snow wheel without a front/rear bumper. Your only as good as the guy in front of you... Strapping to an axle or shackle is no beuno and I refuse to do either. Ropes are too damn expensive to get all chaffed up from inadequate equipment.

I hope i'll be ready for this event If the motor isn't in by the date then I will go and hope to make it either back home or to Patrick's shop. :awesomework:

Actually winches aren't required mainly because there isn't anything to winch to. instead we need to make sure everyone has tow ropes, there is usually lots of 'yanking' going on.

Come to think of it, I agree that there shouldn't be much for requirements, except if we get into a crowd of 20 rigs, they need to all have the proper equipment or else we won't make it. I think if there is at least an equipped vehicle in front of a less equipped vehicle we'll probably be just fine.

:awesomework::cool:

Jakob, there should be a couple of Turtles coming down for this. Had a blast last year.:awesomework:

Yay, you guys are always fun to wheel with! :D

Update, it looks like the earliest we can go is probably November 6th. Its going to be nice the next week, and nothing long term is showing lots of snow, yet.

:haha::haha:
Hopefully it holds out til after the weekend of the 13th.....our annual Halloween Run is that weekend!
It'd be good to see some of the Turtles down for this!:awesomework:
:hi: Goce61!!!

Back