• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4x4 Community

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
And you know what, Not that many of us daily drive anymore.

But the thing is, those that daily drive thier rigs are in the spotlight for the people that want to wheel. When was the last time you stopped and talked to a DD/Weekend Wheeler?

I may have started a one man crusade due to the fact that I wheel my Daily Driver, but every time I see a truck with mud, or a Jeep surrounded by youth, I make it a point to reach out to them. Yes, I wheel a daily driver cause I'm poor, but when a 15 year old young man sees me and I stop to shoot the **** with him, I have earned a positive wheeler. I try to stop and talk to all involved with wheeling.

Okay, I don't feel any bad karma nor am I angry at the towing community, but you guys drive up to a 16 year old and try to commune with him, you have shown him your truck. Yeah, that's badass....

The average wheeler, has no money, wants to wheel and wants a place to do it in. Those of us that DD our trail rigs are in a PRIME spot to educate. Especially those who wheel and are stll in High School. Bring your friends, show them what responsible wheeling is. We can make a differnece, and it starts with education. Lets have fun. And fling some mud in the process.

Trailer queeens lol

Yeah what he said ...... I totally agree i have a trailer and ill tow my rig if i bring my family but when im done it will be my dd and ill drive it where i want to wheel ... Having a trailer queen rig is kinda like owning a dirt bike its cool and bad to the bone i admit i drool over them but you cant jump in it and cruise around and mingle with other wheelers in the area and that is a highlight of wheeling a street legal rig... However i do think you all have a very special place because i love to see trailered rigs on the trail.. They kick azzz and are fun to watch plus i know ill be getting home or unstuck somehow lol ( but we are all wheelers so WE ALL Rock) Thats just my opinion

Bingo. when someone asks me where I take my contraption off road... I ALWAYS emphisize legal ORV areas.. which usually goes to "Well, where are the legal areas around here?" And I let them know. If they have the interweb, I point them to my site if they got a ranger based vehicle :D and of course I point everyone here, and to the PNW4WDA, ect.

Ahh... good karma. :cool:

Wheelin to me, and the majority of my friends, isn't about socializing regardless of the intentions.

And to be 100% honest...when I used to drive my Jeep everyday I used to get tired of the people who always thought I had nothing better to do with the hours in my day than BS with them about off-road tech.

When I'm out wheelin I may stop and BS with some folks but it's rare.

You have more patience than I :beer:

I'm on the fence on this one. On the rare occasion that my Jeep sees street time, I get a lot of "I used to have a Jeep" or "Nice Toy" or "You takin' that thing out muddin'?" The answer to the last one is always NO!!

If it is someone that is driving a mild wheeler or SUV I'll usually BS with them if I have time, but I like it a lot better if I am the one starting the conversation. I dunno. . .maybe its just me.

I don't DD mine but I do drive it to and from the trail. I get lots of comments and questions and have no trouble talking about what I have done to it.

I talk to mall crawlers every day. Occasionally I'll drive my jeep to work, just for attention. :flipoff:

JOOP said:
I talk to mall crawlers every day. Occasionally I'll drive my jeep to work, just for attention. :flipoff:
Occasionally I take The green machine down the road from the shop to see the looks on peoples faces.:flipoff:

Anybody who has been out to my area. I can legally drive my rig anyplace out there I wanna---should see peoples faces when I have a load of kids and heading to the park :D

crash said:
Anybody who has been out to my area. I can legally drive my rig anyplace out there I wanna---should see peoples faces when I have a load of kids and heading to the park :D

How do you figure that you can drive your rig anywhere legally?

It's just like a buggy....one big RCW moving violation

Jobless said:
How do you figure that you can drive your rig anywhere legally?

It's just like a buggy....one big RCW moving violation

Not in my housing develoment :; all the way to where picklefarm road is...

Jobless said:
And once again...how is this legal

easy--private propery :flipoff:

bylaws state "must be a licensed vehicle" :flipoff:

Even drove past cops out there and they just wave :haha: :haha:

OldGreen said:
I get a lot of "I used to have a Jeep" or "Nice Toy" or "You takin' that thing out muddin'?" The answer to the last one is always NO!!
That's what I get to, too. "Woooow, cool Jeep. You ever take it muddin'? You should see my Blazer", or whatever.

It's like me walking up to a lawyer and saying "Hey, you're a lawyer? That's cool! I was always into that law stuff. I probly should have been a lawyer myself. So, you win any good cases lately?"

Maybe it reminds me too much of my own ignorance when I first started doing this stuff, I dunno, but it's annoying.

Latest posts

Back