• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 Cummins

LWB Samurai Joe said:
Love to see some pics of that baby. Nice to see you get the manual.
It will look just like the white one in the photo, as soon as I get it I will post up some actual pics.

Dodge.jpg

Ive been looking to buy a '97 or '98 12 valver for a tow rig. You can get a nice one with around 100,000 miles for 10,000. Im just trying to find a nice manual in that range. Look forward to seeing yours.

About a mile or two South on Hwy 99 from Airport road on the west side (used car lot) there is a 2nd gen dodge dually, 2wd, 5 speed CTD with custom flatbed it's white the flatbed is black. Looks like it would be a sweet tow rig. Custom aluminum dauly rims as well, didn't see the year or price

LWB Samurai Joe said:
Ive been looking to buy a '97 or '98 12 valver for a tow rig. You can get a nice one with around 100,000 miles for 10,000. Im just trying to find a nice manual in that range. Look forward to seeing yours.
or you could buy psychotoys 95 12V 5 speed for $7500

LWB Samurai Joe said:
You can get a nice one with around 100,000 miles for 10,000.

Yeah, But ya gotta be awake(not dreaming) when you find it. Hey Jaydog, Could you pm me whatcha payed for the 6.7 and what options it had.

LWB Samurai Joe said:
Plenty of them in the autotrader right now.

None with 100,000 miles for $10,000, though. You are likely going to have to up your budget, accept a truck with more miles or one with an automatic, or be in for a looooonnnnnggggg wait while hoping to be in the right place at the right time with cash in hand.

Well, first off I was talking in "around terms" ten grand as the price goes. Certainly Im willing to spend more for a better truck. That said there are eight of them on auto trader right now at 10,500 or less. Ill probably spend 12-15 grand to get what I want.

TB

Hmmm, I see only 4 97-98 CTDs for $10.5k or less within 300 miles of 98290, and none with "around" 100k miles.

When I went through this last year, I had been watching the market for a while and thought I did pretty good buying a 97 CC 4x4 with manual trans for $9875, and it had 182,000 miles on it and needed a few things.

$12-15k ought to get you a pretty decent truck, though. Good luck with your search, these trucks, or at least the CTDs, are worth it.

Dave Smith just called, truck arrived today, getting fitted with the flatbed and will be ready to pick up on Friday...:cheer: :cheer:

Bad news is that on Friday I will be on a plane to Kauai and won't be back for a freakin week. :mad:

Jaydog said:
Dave Smith just called, truck arrived today, getting fitted with the flatbed and will be ready to pick up on Friday...:cheer: :cheer:

Bad news is that on Friday I will be on a plane to Kauai and won't be back for a freakin week. :mad:

Oh don't worry about that, I can go pick it up for you. :redneck: :D

Jaydog said:

Dont let it ruin yer vacation...That kinda sucks but doesnt.

Jaydog said:

Well lets see it.

I've done this three times before!! come on you know you want me to run and get it for you.. I flew over and drove my Dad's 05 dually back for him... Just gimme the check, I'll take care of the rest :clappy:

Latest posts

Back