• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A little supprise

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
I am going to suprise my son with an early x-mass present. I started it yesterday.

Day 1
Pulled both axles apart, cleaned and inspected. Lubed and assembled to make sure I broke nothing,lol.. Had to cut the pinion off one motor and replace it. Installed both motors (HH 35 turn) with 12/13 pinions and wired and made shields.
Made the chassis and links..
kylemoa1.jpg

kylemoa2.jpg

Day 2
I got the rod ends adjusted correctly. One thing with how the links are bent and how wide the housings are I have found you need to have the rod end sitting just right. I got the shocks cleaned and setup for around 3.80" of belly clearance. I want to get a set of shocks like I am running here soon. I got the coss supports done(out of delrin) and the rear lipo mount on the rear housing. I also threw his wheels on. Unfortunately he will be bummed about his wheels because they won't work due to the deep offset so I will throw on a set of RC4WD's that I have off my rig.
kylemoa3.jpg

kylemoa4.jpg

kylemoa5.jpg

kylemoa6.jpg

Got the steering done. I took the setup I had built for my rig and modified it a bit. I want to do one simular to mine after this weekend. But this should get the job done nicely plus kyle will finally have a servo with 480ouz of power.
kylemoa7.jpg

kylemoa8.jpg

Mike, you have way too much chit going on all the time....and its always cool chit too! :awesomework:

Kev, we need a tour guide to show us how to get to the Learning Center on the 26th or 27th. You in or what cuz? :fawkdancesmiley:

Yeah, 99% sure I can make it cuz!!!:fawkdancesmiley::haha: More than likely either day...:awesomework:

So I made the diff covers out of some 1/16" material I had. Here you can see the different covers. The thick one came with the v2 cast diffs. The next one came with the new lighweight versions and the third is the ones I just made(made a pair for mine also)

kylemoa9.jpg

And on the rig.

kylemoa10.jpg

Just out of curiousity---why didn't you drill for the 3rd hole again? I know you said it when you made the first set for your cast axles, but I'm too dang lazy to search!!! :D

I had to make a new set of rear upper links. The old ones made contact with the top of the housing. They clear now and I also got the shocks dialed in.

kylemoa11.jpg

I got the wheels swapped so now it sits at the perfect width.

kylemoa12.jpg

One thing I was pushing to do was design and build a bodyless body like mine. Well time is just running out and his body is just dead. So I went and decided to use the last body I used since its hardly used.

kylemoa13.jpg

So now here is the pisser. I don't know why but the punk dig switch was not shipped till the 15th when I odered it last weds. I am hoping that it shows tommorow or I am screwed. Last thing to do is wire it.

Just out of curiousity---why didn't you drill for the 3rd hole again? I know you said it when you made the first set for your cast axles, but I'm too dang lazy to search!!! :D

No reason. Its not needed and the cast axles had one hole stripped out :redneck:

Talk about cutting it close. Came home and the dig switch is here and waiting. So time to get it wired up and hopefully ready to run in a few hours.
He still has no idea,lol

Talk about cutting it close. Came home and the dig switch is here and waiting. So time to get it wired up and hopefully ready to run in a few hours.
He still has no idea,lol

haha, sweet deal Mike. :awesomework:

Great example of a meaningful gift your kid will truly appreciate. So many people take the easy way out and buy something off the shelf (im guilty of it), but for you to spend all this time to make something perfect, and to get the parts just in time make it all that much more special. Here's to you my friend. :beer:

So how'd he do? What were your scores? Kyle is funny. He trash talked everyone else and then when it was your turn he was "Go Dad!". Lol.

So an update. Got home from work friday and went at it.
First step was to figure out the configuration of the FXR and Punk dig switch. I ended up using a simular setup to mine but redefined.
Once figured out started running wires and soldering them onto the FXR and Punk dig switch.
kylemoa14.jpg

kylemoa15.jpg

Here is where I made a mistake--don't know what I was thinking except I was moving very fast(will explain that here in a few)
kylemoa16.jpg

Back