• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A little supprise

So once the FXR/Dig switch were soldered up it went into the chassis. Then I ran the battery and motor wires with deans. Once done I figured out where to put the new reciever. With that figured out I made a Y harness for the BEC and got everything done.
kylemoa17.jpg

kylemoa18.jpg

kylemoa19.jpg

kylemoa20.jpg

Earlier in the day I ran to the hobby shop to get some wire. I decided to bite the bullet and bought him a new 3pm-mx Radio.
So now it was close to 10:30 and with the laptop I programed the BEC and FXR. Since the 3pm radio was new to me I had to crack open the book and roughly figure it out enough to power on the rig and start playing. This is where my ops came into play. I went to drive the rig and a puff of smoke and the front motor would not work niether would the servo. I thought for sure I had smoked the dig switch. At this point I went over everything to figure out what happened--as far as to hook up a spare motor. Well thats where I found my ops and the smoke had come out of the BEC. So I corrected that wiring mishap and stole the BEC off my daughters rig since she was not going to make the comp on saturday. Well it was now 12:30 and I finally got everything buttoned up and the radio somewhat dialed in.
It was ready to run..
kylemoa21.jpg

A little update. So I have been poking along on a design on a new body for kyle. He is a HUGE fan of the hummers--more so the H1's. Well after alot of drawing I think I finally got the essence of that--or the best I could in any case. He hasn't seen the body yet....
kylemoa25.jpg

kylemoa26.jpg

kylemoa27.jpg

kylemoa28.jpg

I am working on the skins now.

And here is the end result. I wanted to do "hummer" on the hood but with my experiance on lettering/paint I didn't bother attempting it. So I went basic on the paint and it turned out decent. Brought it in and shocked kyle again--he was pretty stoked..

kylemoa29.jpg

kylemoa30.jpg

kylemoa31.jpg

kylemoa32.jpg

That came out really nice Crash! :awesomework:

BTW, I see you moved up to Rockstar drinks, using Mt Dew as a chaser are ya? Almost missed the coffee too! Caffeine addiction?

Back