• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A slippery (and expensive) slope...

NotMatt said:
Hmm... well, I'm glad I bought through an authorized dealer. We'll see how it works... seems like lots of people are running them and have been happy, only time will tell.

i WANT MINE TOO :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Jobless said:
Having had the Edge EZ box I can definately say I like the Smarty better, but then again they are hardly comparable units.

Can you give me a rundown on why you like the smarty over the edge?

NotMatt said:

Can't you also get different software for the smarty? There is alot of talk about it over on the bomber BBS...

crash said:
Can't you also get different software for the smarty? There is alot of talk about it over on the bomber BBS...

Don't know... hoping Brad will chime in and tell us why he's in love with it. :D

NotMatt said:

It's programmable, it reads all error/diagnostic codes, can adjust for tire size changes and the dealer can't tell you modified anything as you can set it back to factory code.

The programmbale part takes a little longer than just pressing a button like on the plug in boxes. I leave mine set on level 5 for daily driving and towing. Level 7 & 9 get out of control fast :redneck: with lots of smoke too :cool:

I wouldn't do anything different if I had to do it all over again.

I have not been staying on top of what has been happening with the smarty over on the bomber board but the way I understand it is that they are continuing to tweak the download programs to make up for things like excessive smoking and such.

I don't know if mine will work with a 2002 but if it does you can swing by and I'll let you try for a few hours.

Jobless said:
Just went and grabbed it...it'll work with the 2002's

Might have to take you up on that offer some time... I can always resell the Edge box later if I don't like it.

mmm smarty......

then a sbc... then a turbo.. then... well you get the point...

i cant wait to make my truck smarter...

Jobless said:
Having had the Edge EZ box I can definately say I like the Smarty better, but then again they are hardly comparable units.

Very true.

But Matt, remember the Edge Juice is very different from the Edge EZ (from what I've been told). The Edge EZ is like my Edge Comp box on the low setting, and there is a BIG difference between my low and high setting! You should get even more with the Juice w/ attitude :cool:

you can also stack a Comp box with a Smarty... Or a TST with a smarty. They weren't able to stack the old Catcher with the Comp box because they both added timing. Now you can use the comp box that adds timing and run the smarty without timing. Or you can run the TST that doesn't have timing and setup the Smarty to run timing.. The list goes on and on and we've only cracked the surface with these things. On a third gen, just plugging in the Smarty netted over 170 rwhp. But the Smarty doesn't do the same for the 2nd gens because you have to tap the pump wire to get the excess fuel needed.

Update... Edge and FASS are INSTALLED... and it's... awesome. About 18psi fuel pressure and OMG fast. I didn't end up getting the vulcan draw straw in time to get it installed this weekend, but I think it will be pretty easy to do later on if I simply pull the bed (ha ha) :D

I can't even really test it out much because the roads are all covered with snow over here and even in 4wd it just breaks loose. :D

just slight mods to these trucks are noticeable. I drove my Dad's stock 3rd gen dually home tonight.. Man does it drive nice but holy CRAP it needs some more power.. definitely makes me appreciate what my truck has.. Just wish my truck had the same ride/steering/seating.

NotMatt said:
Hmm... well, I'm glad I bought through an authorized dealer. We'll see how it works... seems like lots of people are running them and have been happy, only time will tell.

All that means is your going to piss them off from bring it back so many times... Their pretty much crap from what i've seen.... pretty lame! The old stuff rocks! If you can find someone selling their old school comp or find a diesel dynamics ultimate fueling module those are best to buy!

Latest posts

Back