• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Electric Brake Controllers

I just bought a Prodigy. I can't compair it to anything else, it is the only one I have owned. I love it so far.

I found them running between $95 (internet) to $160.

When I was researching them, I was told too only go with Tekonasha controllers. The Prodigy is one of their controllers. Good brand...

actually the very best controller i had was an old school that tapped into the HYD lines and ran that into an electrical signal. it was the very simplest and easiest to adjust. but

it annoyed me as even when not towing i could hear the bourdon tube flexing every time i applied the brakes, it made this high pitched scrapping noise. if the stereo was on loud enough it was cool but in the end i sold the controller with the truck and i run a prodigy now.

Anybody ever sen a full mechanical/electrical brake control before :haha:

My chev had one when I got it--funny stuff and talk about OLD SCHOOL!

Voyager by Tekonsha, it's good for 4 axles. Only towed with it once, new to me truck, but once adjusted correctly seem to work very nice.

actually the very best controller i had was an old school that tapped into the HYD lines and ran that into an electrical signal. it was the very simplest and easiest to adjust. but

it annoyed me as even when not towing i could hear the bourdon tube flexing every time i applied the brakes, it made this high pitched scrapping noise. if the stereo was on loud enough it was cool but in the end i sold the controller with the truck and i run a prodigy now.

Anybody ever sen a full mechanical/electrical brake control before :haha:

My chev had one when I got it--funny stuff and talk about OLD SCHOOL!

mike yer supposed to read first....i was old school before you were old school.:cheer: mine worked awesome but the noise was annoying.

Well seeing as how Prodigy seems to be everyones favorite, I bought one and installed it today, so we shall see. Thanks everyone. :awesomework:

got the voyager in the work van and the prodigy in the personal rig. By far go with the prodigy. IMO way better and less ajustment for different load weight variables. Shop around, when I got the prodigy found it online forjust over $100 (which included the proper vehicle pigtail so no splicing lines)

Prodigy works for me. I had a different one in the F-250, but it came with the truck and I don,t know what kind it was. I put a Prodigy in the Chevy and I like the ease of adjusting it to the load, wasn't like that with the old one.

P3. Prodigy's big brother.

By far the best controller ever. It makes the Prodigy look like the Voyager.
Whats the price on the new P3??

I just got a Prodigy lately.... VERY nice over the mix of controllers I've had/used before... at the plug-and-play harness' for late model rigs.. SUPER nice :D
________
Interracial Chinese

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back