• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Family Truckster LJ build

Almost finished with the welding on the axle. I need to decide if I want to run the bridge piece across the diff or not. It's really only needed with a factory style 4 link to give a mounting spot for the upper. Most likely I'll leave it off. I've been very happy with the way this thing has fit together. It's a nice piece for sure.

View attachment 216533

I decided to do something to reinforce the driver's side tube where the casting is cut back. I've seen a few pull the tube out there. The CAD work is done for that, just need to cut it out and weld it up.

View attachment 216534
View attachment 216535
If its going to be trailered, at any point add you some tie down points into your trussing.

I got the driver's side tube reinforcement cut out and welded up today. It's a little ugly, but that tube is definitely not pulling out of the casting. :ROFLMAO:

I decided to go ahead and do the bridge across the diff too. Hopefully I can knock that out Friday morning before work. After that updates will be slower than they already are. Friday starts probably about 50 straight 12hr shifts I'll be working. Starting a plant shutdown that includes a complete PLC swap and checkout/startup of the 1400+ I/O loops. Getting up to do anything before work will be a challenge.

IMG_0205.jpeg

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

Latest posts

Back