• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

FatAss 2014

Josh40601 said:
What the hell is the 24 day challenge?
It is the advocare cult... :****: If it works for you good. Personally never seen ANYONE keep the pounds off after they do it. I did strength and conditioning at a local gym for about 8-10 years and have seen a ton of different diets. People that do advocare think its a miracle drug. They loose X amount of pounds in a few weeks, and in about the same amount of time they put it right back on.

Consider what your workout program is going to be before you guys only eat 2000 calories a day. If your doing Crossfit type workouts your going to need energy. If your running not just jogging you are going to need some carbs to burn. If your just sittin on your butt and not really giving it a 110% then you should definitely watch what you eat. Remember 2000 calories from a 5 guys burger and fries is still not good for you lol.

Well ****. I went from not racing KOH this year and being lazy/not working out at all to suddenly racing parker in a class 10 then 4 days later being a UTV codriver again that RUNs up every rock obstacle and drags the rzrs. I'm overweight and out of shape. I have 19 days and it aint' going to be enough. Should have started on Jan 1

Ok guys this may get a little lengthy, but I have a bit of a story to tell on this subject. It all began January 2012. I was 38 years old at the time and I went in for my annual exam which had always been normal, until then. My doctor said my cholesterol was too high and put me on medication. Within 6 months I had lost 15 pounds and my cholesterol was way down. I used the MyfitnessPal app to watch my calories and eat better. He said I could come off the medication at that time which was July 2012. At Thanksgiving 2012 I noticed a pair of jeans be a little snug to button, it scared me so I decided it was time to go to the gym. I joined my local gym and began to work out each morning before work. At my heaviest I weighed 241 in 2011 and I am 5'9". When I started in the gym I had lost down to 222.

After 3 months of 5 days a week I was just losing interest, I was still eating good but I was in a routine and was not pushing myself like I needed. My gym also has a Crossfit gym and the owner had mentioned it to me a few times so I sat down and talked to him about it. He offered me to come and try it as long as I wanted for free. I went for 3 weeks and was hooked. I started around May 1, 2012 and in the beginning did the workouts 2-3 days a week. In that time I have progressed to 5 days a week. It is the most intense training I have ever done. It is something different every day and it forces you to do things you normally would not do if you were working out on your own. I enjoy it so much I have taken the certification class to become a Level 1 instructor so I can properly train and help others get the most out of it.

I am also very focused on my diet. The diet is a very important part of any program you do. When I use the term diet I am not referring to Atkins, etc.. I do not have a particular diet I follow, I try to eat as clean as I can. I will also encourage anyone to have at least one "cheat" meal a week. There is nothing wrong with having a slice of cake or pie with dinner one night a week. I know some people that even take 30 minutes a week and eat whatever they want to eat within that time frame. Diets like Advocare and Atkins are good for short term effects, but for the long term you really have to commit to a lifestyle change that involves exercise and change in your way of eating. One rule of thumb with food is if it comes in a box you should not eat it. If you read the label and there is anything on the label you cannot pronounce, you should not eat it. The perimeter of your grocery store is where you want to do your shopping. If you need help with proportion sizes and what to eat look into the Zone Diet. It works, period. Fruits and vegetables are essential in any diet plan. Another good diet program to look at is the Paleo diet. I follow more of the paleo way of eating.

When it comes to exercise to get any benefit, no matter what you are doing, you must get your heart rate up. There are plenty of exercises that can be done at home starting with air squats, push ups, sit ups, and burpees. All of these are essential to everyday life. The main thing is finding what kind of program works for you and STICK with it.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me. At 40 years old I am in better shape and healthier than I was at 30 years of age. I tell all the guys I work out with that are in their 20's to keep it up and do not be like I was at that age, it will pay dividends for them down the road.

Josh40601 said:
starting my "your a freakin fat-ass. fix it" program. When I weighed myself and the scale hit 240, it was the game changer. I was 181 in the USMC, and have slowly been working my way up to where I am now. Goal is to drop down under 200 again.

Juicing and egg whites for breakfast, cutting out most of the beer and bourbon (the biggest culprit of the weight gain), and 4 days a week in the gym. Replacing ground beef for turkey, eating veggies with every meal, and eating smaller portions.

Well, after the first week of food change, minimal booze, no soda, and lots of cardio, I've lost 6 lbs so far.

I'm 250 and 5'7". Have the metabolism of jabba the hut. No Shunt. I take thyroid and pituitary meds daily. My metabolism is non-existant.
I'd love to lose 50lbs. Hell, I would love to lose 75lbs if I'm dreaming... I lost 100lbs dying in the hospital in 2008...
Ready to start a mean green smoothie diet:
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/

For people who don't really like working out you should really look into Crossfit as BigSilly said. I started it last year and was blown away by how much I liked it and how good it worked. Up until I broke my leg in November I was in the best shape I had been in since I was playing travel ball in high school.

Josh40601 said:
Well, after the first week of food change, minimal booze, no soda, and lots of cardio, I've lost 6 lbs so far.

Biggest thing is to stick with it. I used to drink 5-6 soft drinks a day maybe more and finally last Feb. I quit and man it was pretty crazy what a difference it made.

I'm 6'1", like I said, started at 243, I'm down to 224 now. I'm aiming for 220, might go as low as 200, but that's it. Just for shits and giggles, I looked up my BMI and I would have to get down to 150 to not be considered overweight!!! WTF??? If I was 150 I would look like a ****ing Ethiopian!

patooyee said:
I'm 6'1", like I said, started at 243, I'm down to 224 now. I'm aiming for 220, might go as low as 200, but that's it. Just for shits and giggles, I looked up my BMI and I would have to get down to 150 to not be considered overweight!!! WTF??? If I was 150 I would look like a ****ing Ethiopian!

Ht and wt charts are a bit of a joke in my opinion. At my height I should weigh 48 pounds less. But I am completely healthy and in very good shape. I eat healthy and do not consume much if any alcohol each week. If I did not work out 5 days a week and eat fast food all the time and took medication for diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol then that would be an entirely different matter.

Being and living healthy is an individual measure, not one that can be measured simply off of a generic chart.

LandSpeeder said:
I'm 250 and 5'7". Have the metabolism of jabba the hut. No Shunt. I take thyroid and pituitary meds daily. My metabolism is non-existant.
I'd love to lose 50lbs. Hell, I would love to lose 75lbs if I'm dreaming... I lost 100lbs dying in the hospital in 2008...
Ready to start a mean green smoothie diet:
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/

Substitute a sandwich for those lunches I always see you post on facebook and I bet you lose 25 :****:

Cole said:
For people who don't really like working out you should really look into Crossfit as BigSilly said. I started it last year and was blown away by how much I liked it and how good it worked. Up until I broke my leg in November I was in the best shape I had been in since I was playing travel ball in high school.

Biggest thing is to stick with it. I used to drink 5-6 soft drinks a day maybe more and finally last Feb. I quit and man it was pretty crazy what a difference it made.

How did you break your leg?

Oh and :flipoff1:

What Is Crossfit?

redneckengineered said:
Substitute a sandwich for those lunches I always see you post on facebook and I bet you lose 25 :****:

How did you break your leg?

Oh and :flipoff1:

What Is Crossfit?

Pretty sure it started with me running and jumping rope with a 30lb vest on and it finally cracked while running Warrior dash. Was just running along and my leg started hurting, ran another mile and finished the race but by the time I got home I couldn't walk.

And yes that video is hilarious, i enjoy Crossfit because I'm not motivated to just go in the gym and lift weights by myself.

Damn dude, that sucks. I'm guessing you had to have surgery and get a pin inserted or something? Good luck with rehab. I've been through 6 surgeries myself. It's like starting over each time but I always come back. Muscle memory helps. You will get there.

redneckengineered said:
Damn dude, that sucks. I'm guessing you had to have surgery and get a pin inserted or something? Good luck with rehab. I've been through 6 surgeries myself. It's like starting over each time but I always come back. Muscle memory helps. You will get there.

Thankfully they didn't have to pin it. I was on crutches for 2 months with very strict orders for no weight bearing. Got off crutches. 3 weeks ago and started back to Crossfit doing body weight exercise last week. Can't run or jump rump for another 6 weeks but it's almost 100% healed up.

Hang in there. If I learned anything from all my ordeal... it's PATIENCE. Mainly by force. One stay, about 6 weeks, when I was leaking and it looked grim of them not going to be able to stop my head from leaking CSF, I was not allowed to lift my head, and could not have a pillow, laid flat for 6 weeks. Roughly 10 surgeries through my nose and through my sinuses, behind my sinuses. Most humbling experience of my life. At the time would've rathered have been in a coma so i didn't have to endure it. Glad I had to now. It broke me, and then built me back up a much better person.
What doesn't kill us makes us handicapped. But it also makes us stronger.

Re:

I'm down 25 lbs to 218 and still losing. I'm back in an xl shirt and a 36 waist. I haven't worn a 36 waist since high school. All my pants are too big now and I've drilled new holes to make my belts smaller. I tried a size large shirt on the other day for giggles and I'm just too tall for them or I would buy some. My new goal is 200. How's it going for everyone else?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back