• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GM/Saginaw steering joint

Benjitis

Getting a new Gm tilt column with 1" splined shaft. Needs to adapt to 3/4 round stock. Steering joint i have wont work. Anyone know where i can pick one up locally?? Need it for this weekend. And does it need to slide at all? Last setup i had was fixed at both ends with set screws, no telescoping shafts or anything.

I have one that goes to 3/4" round I can't remember what the other end is off the top of my head... I'm sure I have one that was welded that you could grind off and reweld to yours pretty easy. You want slip, that way when you hit something at 103mph the steering wheel collapses in instead of your ribcage doing all the work for you. :awesomework:

69 for the flaming river joint, 74 for the borgeson shaft. The flaming river joint is cheaper than the borgeson and can ship 20 days sooner.

Im gettin the parts overnighted, they'll be here tomorrow, i just have to bolt the parts on, no big deal. But...im getting a rattling in the tranny/t-case area and theres a bunch of 90wt drippin from my bellypan. Gotta check that out too!! Im tryin to go this sunday!!!!!!!!! Luckily, i have a spare t-case and sm420 i "could" bolt in for worst case scenario.

Shaft is 450036, joint is fr1710dd. Cheater, makin me do the footwork:flipoff::D

Shaft is 450036, joint is fr1710dd. Cheater, makin me do the footwork:flipoff::D

NO! I wanted to see if the part # you bought is the same one I have brand new sitting in my "shed" :kissmyass::D

I was maybe gonna save you some money, but NOOOO you got to go and accuse me of cheating! :looser::haha::haha::haha:

ha ha, it's ok, the one I have is:

Part # FR1718
13/16"-36 spl. x 3/4" round shaft

Believe me I know all too well the power of speedy spending! :haha::haha::haha:

Back