• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holley Terminator EFI (Ford small block efi options)

Re: Holley Terminator EFI

Put a cut down mustang harness and a A9L computer in it the mustang wiring and computer is already set up for 351 firing order hence 302 HO that's what I have and will not have anything else fires and idles all day long don't run hot and breaks the **** out of every rock shaft I've had in it :****:

Re: Re: Re: Holley Terminator EFI

fordcontraption01 said:
Put a cut down mustang harness and a A9L computer in it the mustang wiring and computer is already set up for 351 firing order hence 302 HO that's what I have and will not have anything else fires and idles all day long don't run hot and breaks the **** out of every rock shaft I've had in it :****:

I thought about it, but I'd have to source all that, plus get tuning software/hardware, etc.

What's your reasoning behing the computer controlling the spark? Seems like that would just be something else that could mess up.Are you thinkink it would be easier to dial everything in ?

Elliott said:
What's your reasoning behing the computer controlling the spark? Seems like that would just be something else that could mess up.Are you thinkink it would be easier to dial everything in ?

Funny as this sounds (especially to old school guys), I'm a lot more comfortable/familiar with tuning something that you can simply punch numbers into a computer and let it take care of the timing curve... Rather than using vacuum, weights, and springs to control it like on a self contained HEI.

And it will save money on having to buy new ignition parts.

You can get a painless street rod wireing harness from summit that comes with all the sensors and I'd plug and play if you don't want to it down a mustang harness and it's a lot cheaper or you can get in touch with me and I'll try and help you as much as I can

fordcontraption01 said:
You can get a painless street rod wireing harness from summit that comes with all the sensors and I'd plug and play if you don't want to it down a mustang harness and it's a lot cheaper or you can get in touch with me and I'll try and help you as much as I can

One thing I definitely want to do is go to a standard carburetor style intake manifold, the factory 5.8 truck intake is huge and stupid, and all the "Ford efi style" intakes are huge and expensive.

What kind of throttle body/tps sensor would you use with the carb intake and Mustang efi stuff?

I'm not sure that it'd be cheaper by the time I sourced new injectors, fuel rails, throttle body, etc

Back