• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holy Get R done Redneck!

I like the truck, but he should probably take the "all Ford" part out of his myspace since it has a dodge engine and tranny...

The engine is a Cummins and the transmission is a New Venture Gear product. The NV4500, based on likely time of production, is only a 64% DiamlerChrysler product.

At least he knows the only good thing out of those Dodge trucks is the engine and powertrain.

The engine is a Cummins and the transmission is a New Venture Gear product. The NV4500, based on likely time of production, is only a 64% DiamlerChrysler product.

At least he knows the only good thing out of those Dodge trucks is the engine and powertrain.

And I'm just finding this out now??? Dammit I'm pissed!

As much as I love the Cummins in my Dodge, I don't think that I would want a diesel for a dedicated mud truck. The Cummins is very heavy and not as rev-friendly as a gasser. Wheel speed is needed for a mud truck and I think a built big block V8 would be a better choice. But to each their own.

As much as I love the Cummins in my Dodge, I don't think that I would want a diesel for a dedicated mud truck. The Cummins is very heavy and not as rev-friendly as a gasser. Wheel speed is needed for a mud truck and I think a built big block V8 would be a better choice. But to each their own.

shhhhhhhh. now we're talkin common sense here.. Don't get outta line

He'll be wheeling like a nose heavy brick! This is a old school mall crawler. Nobody uses a bar that big on chain saws anymore, because the mills can't take the logs of that size.. Definitely penis envy! That's the only reason you pose with a bar that long on a saw for. He's single. :masturbanana[1]:

ok ive been called redneck a time or twelve i have a fullsize and if i was buildin a truck like that i would ditch the cummins and build a high revvin bbc or ferd then run a portal or rockwells as the 70's seem a little weak for 49's to me

Nobody uses a bar that big on chain saws anymore, because the mills can't take the logs of that size.. Definitely penis envy! That's the only reason you pose with a bar that long on a saw for. He's single. :masturbanana[1]:

I don't know if trees in Oregon grow smaller or what, but look at the stump he is standing on. It justifies the length of that bar. That is not an uncommon size tree to see coming out of the woods around here. I can say as a fact that the Buse timber mill in Everett, WA and the Sea-Sno mill in Snohomish, WA can both mill logs of that size and larger.

A co-worker who had a Douglas Fir come down across his back yard during the big windstorm last winter found that the biggest saw he could rent, a 28" bar, was still not big enough to do the job properly.

I say good for him, last I checked this used to be a free country(key words there is used to be), one should be able to build what they want. Who cares if that is anybody elses deal or not, he likes it.:awesomework:

I say good for him, last I checked this used to be a free country(key words there is used to be), one should be able to build what they want. Who cares if that is anybody elses deal or not, he likes it.:awesomework:

you're right.. he can build whatever he wants.. but at 17. Having a truck that really isn't good at anything.. Isn't the brightest thing in the world. That truck would be good to throw a pretty paint job on.. Some stacks... And cruise around the mall.. And I can definitely say, judging by all of the pictures. Aint nothin going to be pretty about that truck.

. Nobody uses a bar that big on chain saws anymore, because the mills can't take the logs of that size..[1]:

Daam I better let the bosses know that we cannot take logs that big:wtf: Hmmmm we se them like that and a lot bigger all day long :redneck: .

I would also not choose the cummins for this project think BBF or BBC, and he needs rocks for that size tire, just check out what all the Florida boys are running, check out Trucks Gone Wild seires.

you're right.. he can build whatever he wants.. but at 17. Having a truck that really isn't good at anything.. Isn't the brightest thing in the world. That truck would be good to throw a pretty paint job on.. Some stacks... And cruise around the mall.. And I can definitely say, judging by all of the pictures. Aint nothin going to be pretty about that truck.

Doesnt matter to me if it isnt good for anything, its what he wants to do, It doesnt cost me anything, I say a lot better them him wasting his life on drugs and crap... :cool:
Heck he could be wasting his money on a truck he has had parked in his garage for months with a blown head gasket... (sorry, had to, but I like your truck)

Thanks guys well he loves the thing and it will be beautifull after:fawkdancesmiley: He's painting everything and rhinolining the under and interior it will be well done! And where the hell do you live that a bar that size is not necessary I have atleast 4 trees that i would need somethingl like that within visual distance of my one bedroom window:looser:

He isn't building a trail rig its a mud rig/show WHEN ITS DONE

Latest posts

Back