• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

In need of a fab/machine shop ASAP!

Benjitis

I need my saginaw pitman arm re-reamed to accept an FJ80 Tierod end, and i need my draglink cut and retapped to fit an FJ80 TRE as well. I live in Gig Harbor and i need this done before next weekend. Anyone know where to go locally??

OK, i gotta ask. Why use parts you must order in versus 1 ton tie rod ends that will be at every napa or shucks??? Plus more shops will have the taps vrs having custom expensive unique taps for fj80 ends.

I agree with Bunk on this, if you gotta have something made up, might as well use stuff you can readily get off the shelf...

Already have the hysteer for my fj40, which came with fj80 tre's. But I need to shorten the draglink. And the GM pitman arm im using on my saginaw box has a small taper, similar in size to stock fj40. I guess i could use a 1 ton tre, but im still gonna have to tap the Draglink and ream my pitman arm. And the fj80 tre's arent that hard to come by, and theyre cheap. But if a shop is more likely to have the stuff to make a 1ton tre fit, then that works for me:awesomework: Not sure how much thicker the taper is on a 1ton tre compared to fj80. Hope theres enough meat on the pitman after it gets reamed.

Thanks for the replies! I'd use backcountry binders since ive had them do work on my old scout, but not sure if theyd have a metric 23x1.5 tap. I'll make some calls with the numbers listed. Thanks.

Rix-think i could borrow/pay you to use your reamer?

The highsteer arms are built for fj80 tre's. The draglink and tierod came with fj80 tre's. why the hell would i change to 1 ton ends? Strength wise, about the same. Availability, about the same. I heard the fj80 tre have a little more articulation. So yeah, reaming all the holes to fit gm 1 ton, buying new tube so i can tap the tierod and draglink for gm 1ton tre's and buying 4 new gm tre's and a couple spares, would break my bank.

Back