• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

is there any eastside desert dwellers on here

It's not as far as I thought then, probably not any farther than Rimrock, and maybe closer. I thought it was past Naches. Is it the same turn off you would make for Raven's Roost and all those camp areas? The same one that goes over to Greenwater / FS 70 if you make the right turns?

Yeah, somebody post directions how to get there. I'd like to check it out. Sounds like it is about the same distance as Rimrock for me.
Nathan

It is closer to auburn than rimrock. I know the long gravel road to the rocks is right across 410 from Jim sprick park. I have not been that way though. The only way I have been there is to go up milk creek road, all the way to the end, then up the following trail. The trail could be done by a stock 4x4. From the west, Milk creek road is the left turn after FS92. FS92 goes to the east side of fs70 and toward ravens roost.

i think its bald mtn. road,you can get real close by car but will have around2-3 miles to get to the rocks,possible shuttle setup could get people the rest of the way.a 2wheel truck would have the belly clearance to get there.The bottom left corner of moon rocks doesnt get much 1:1 traffic and its rc crawlin heaven down there,lines everywere enough romm for 3-4 diff comps at the same time.Ill work on figureing out the derictions.Worst case Ill take the big zuke up there this spring,track the easiest route with my gps and down load it put her up on the site for people tp down load ,for a comp.mileage its closer then rimrock for the westside folks,longer drive i would guess.

Tanis said:
Yeah, somebody post directions how to get there. I'd like to check it out. Sounds like it is about the same distance as Rimrock for me.
Nathan
im going to try derections again i keep gettin interumted and i time out and get deleted{gfawk}OK here we go.Take rock creek road off of 410,go up that road,you will come to an intersection,stay straite or slightly to the right,dont go left.From there keep goin up the road you will come to a big open platue there will be a sign at an intersection.Go left here this is goin to a clump of trees at the north end of the tres is a trail that will take you to the top side of the funny rocks.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that most of us actually drive trucks, so if a 2WD truck can make it no sweat, we can probably make it. Only one guy with a car comes to mind, and he's not afraid to rally it.

Thanks mike, I think I know where you're talking about. I've been up rock creek rd and bald mtn rd, but I didn't know about moon rocks. I like to tootle around the hills sometimes enjoying the scenery. I will definitely check that place out.
Nathan

Tanis said:
Thanks mike, I think I know where you're talking about. I've been up rock creek rd and bald mtn rd, but I didn't know about moon rocks. I like to tootle around the hills sometimes enjoying the scenery. I will definitely check that place out.
Nathan
up near that trail by the clump of trees theres is a road you dont have to take the trail,the road is very close to the trail so look closely,the road would be easier travel .lets back track nathan on the second turn that i described if you dont go left im not sure but i think this will take you to the top of moon rocks ,theres a big open area that would work for parkin/shuttlein folks in from here and should put you whith in 1/4 mile or so from moon rocks,hpo im right but you will be right there just a matter of lookin around real good. let me know.later mike.

Not into crawling yet but will be picking up a jato here soon. If I can convert it I will so I can play. Here in Wenatchee there is a buddy of mine that is running a crawler though.

Back