• Aussie Locker

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Lock-Right Locker

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Locker full of Boobies

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters
:trollarse:

I "chipped" a few teeth in the front, not whole teeth..... And, what is so big about being in the front? That locker only sees use when the hubs are in!!
You are just trying to bust my balls.....

I would like to hear more personal experiences.

I had an EZ locker in my last 2 Toyota's....it was in my 1st, then I swapped it into my 2nd. Never had a problem with it in 5 years....and both were my daily drivers and wheeled hard on the weekends. Even drove to CO and back with it in there....
Have a Lock-Rite ready to go in my 'Runner.....

Hi All:

Well, I have one of each in my Land Cruiser.

The Lockrite is in the rearend, and is the one that was installed first. Since I've learned the "tricks" of driving an auto locker no issues.

The Aussie Locker was added to the front diff 3 - 4 years ago. I've busted a Birfield but the 'locker is fine.

Which is better? I dunno. Are they any different? I dunno. They sure seem identical to me (at least the installation.)

I choose the Aussie for the front because it was cheaper than the Lockrite when I went shopping.

Regards,

Alan

you also just cracked and broke several teeth on your front R&P with a lcok-right in it and that's still fine and it's in the FRONT!....:stirpot:

Aaron, did you not hear the clanking noise that was coming from the front end?... Birfs were fine, the noise has to be coming from somewhere... :fawkdancesmiley:

The detroit wannabes bring the suck. They must have been cast out of weak sauce cause they frequently strip the teeth of on their first, second, or third outing...

I agree on that one...
I have a stripped Detroit EZ locker you can have for free:redneck:...came in a D35 I bought off of Craigs. (which was also junk) I'm pretty sure they are cast out of melted down HotWheels.

Running a Lock Right in the front, working fine so far, can't complain.
I have a buddy running Lock Rights front and rear, working fine as well.
No experience with the Aussie.

Lock Right is made of "Space-age Zytanium construction for highest strength and durability"

"Only ultra strength material is used which is 67% stronger than titanium"

:puke:

My opinion of this comparison is purely based on toyota diffs so your results may vary.... A lockright will click, pop and bang just like a full detroit in a yota application. The aussie is very smooth and you really don't notice that it's there other than the increased backlash but that is the same with all auto lockers.

Lockrights don't hold up for shiat in a yota either, but the aussies seem to hold up very well.

its great when you buy a lockright (maybe Aussie also ??) that they give you a bag of spare pins and springs to replace the ones that brake :fawkdancesmiley: I ran a lockright till it broke the pins and they destroyed the ring and pinion.

its great when you buy a lockright (maybe Aussie also ??) that they give you a bag of spare pins and springs to replace the ones that brake :fawkdancesmiley: I ran a lockright till it broke the pins and they destroyed the ring and pinion.

Um... those aren't spares, they're supposed to go in....:eeek:

*Edit, I think maybe one lockright i've installed has come with ONE extra spring, but definately not spares of everything.

Last edited:
Hi All:

Yeah, things like coasting around corners and waiting for the rig to straighten-out before hitting the throttle. Other tips like ensuring that both tires on the drive axle are at the same tire pressure, and running a heavy differential oil like 80W140 to "dampen" the 'locker."

Regards,

Alan

--------------------------------------------------
besides pushin your clutch in around corners, what are the tricks involved?

[Since I've learned the "tricks" of driving an auto locker no issues.
/QUOTE]

Back