• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

new tj

Thanks for the tip guys. this is my daily and i want to build it to where i can drive it up on weekends and have fun and not worry about breaking but yet have good stability on the highway and in town. my old yota have a 4 in. ifs and a 22re 33" m/t's and was not geared. it did horrible. i have taken my jeep up the way it sits and its done amazing compared to my toyota. i was a toyota guy but i am officially a JEEP GUY now. i dont think im going to do a long arm just yet because 33's are working very well so far. i dont think i got ****ed because of the low miles and the power the straight 6 has. all i really want now is a winch and some doors because all i have is the lower half lol. so thanks for the input just never had a jeep before.

This train of thought is perfect if you want a Jeep...

There's a ton of stuff you can go buy and bolt on or have someone else bolt on for you...

Never build any of it yourself, it will leave you stranded... Only use parts that are built by companies that know what they are doing and have tested it on the trail...:awesomework:

Didn't read this till today. You're a marooon.

When someone else, is buying yet another partys' rig... then you never know what you have. YES, there are plenty of fabricators who will build an amazing suspension. BUT, there are also plenty of WANNA-BE fabricators, who ONLY THINK they know what they are doing, and will install a HORRIBLE lift. Then, after they realize it rides, handles, performs like ****, sell it.

So my advice was simple. Make sure you know what you've bought. Nothing more. Nothing less.

This train of thought is perfect if you want a Jeep...

There's a ton of stuff you can go buy and bolt on or have someone else bolt on for you...

Never build any of it yourself, it will leave you stranded... Only use parts that are built by companies that know what they are doing and have tested it on the trail...:awesomework:

Treeclimber owns a jeep so of course he wouldn't understand the punch line :haha:

Sounds like you did good to me. I owned a pile of toyotas(trucks and 4runners) and built the **** out of them and they preform well but I love my jeeps now it just seems like a totally different experience when your out there wheelin them. Not saying one is better than the other brand wise just jeeps are my preference now and I have been on both sides of the fence. I would focus the most on putting quality parts on it that wont leave you on the trail. If it doesnt have a slip yoke eliminator on it youll need to do that first as that wont last long of road.

Drivetrain wise.. my Toy is all Toy with the exception of the Longs...

:awesomework:

I had a sahara with the 44 rear and didnt replace any drivetrain in my old TJ untill I put 40s on it:fawkdancesmiley::fawkdancesmiley:

I also had a 85 toy with duals and 4.7s and 37" krawlers and the stock birfs didnt hold up.

all I am saying is there is a weak link in everything you are gonna buy just tellin him not to spend x amount on a part because it is cheaper when it will cost him double down the line when it fails:awesomework:

Oh and that toyotas suck:;:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

I had a sahara with the 44 rear and didnt replace any drivetrain in my old TJ untill I put 40s on it

I run 39.5's....

I also had a 85 toy with duals and 4.7s and 37" krawlers and the stock birfs didnt hold up.

No **** :fawkdancesmiley:

all I am saying is there is a weak link in everything you are gonna buy just tellin him not to spend x amount on a part because it is cheaper when it will cost him double down the line when it fails:awesomework:

Oh and that toyotas suck:;:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

LOL... everyone has to learn the hard way about buying the wrong ****...

:haha: