• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Paint booth

Just sweep out your garage, and clean it as best you can, get some box fans and furnace filters to rig up some ventelation with the furnace filters, filtering the incoming air. Hang plastic if you don't want overspray on what's in the garage, Then wet down the floor and your plastic walls. (the idea here is to trap down any dust you didn't clean out) Wear a respirator and get your air as dry as you can. Then it's up to your skills, your materials, and your air/gun after that. Good Luck.

From the sounds of it, i'd be more worried about your ability to spray it without any runs, drips, errors, or dryspots, than needing a booth. Many show quality jobs come out of some guys garage, don't be fooled.

10-15 cans of paint are 10-15 dollars at walmart.

If dead set on good paint, then hit the local paint shop and pick your favorite missmatch gallon for $20.

If you paint it, it will be pretty and you wont wheel it.

I touch up mine easily with the $1 dollar can under my seat.

I cant belive you live in NB and are worried about paint. You must have moved there, cuz the locals dont think like that!

he is from Duvall and chris you can:kissmybutt:

Just sweep out your garage, and clean it as best you can, get some box fans and furnace filters to rig up some ventelation with the furnace filters, filtering the incoming air. Hang plastic if you don't want overspray on what's in the garage, Then wet down the floor and your plastic walls. (the idea here is to trap down any dust you didn't clean out) Wear a respirator and get your air as dry as you can. Then it's up to your skills, your materials, and your air/gun after that. Good Luck.

From the sounds of it, i'd be more worried about your ability to spray it without any runs, drips, errors, or dryspots, than needing a booth. Many show quality jobs come out of some guys garage, don't be fooled.

Thanks clark, I was worried about the ventalation in the garage so thats why im considering renting a booth. Im not going to be the one spraying it thou, one of my buddys is going to do that and the last couple he did looked really nice.

Also my gargae is pretty small and packed full of crap so I wanted a place with more room to work with.

Thanks clark, I was worried about the ventalation in the garage so thats why im considering renting a booth. Im not going to be the one spraying it thou, one of my buddys is going to do that and the last couple he did looked really nice.

Also my gargae is pretty small and packed full of crap so I wanted a place with more room to work with.
For a wheeling rig, might want to think about a $200 costco tent, some of the above mentioned box fans and filters. Nice summer day, little extra effort on sealing up the tent. Drop cloth on the ground and go to tows with a $30 HF HVLP gun and some "decent" house-brand, single stage paint from NAPA or someplace.

Wheeling rigs are going to get trashed, so go for a 5-foot paint job.

I've done a couple rattle can jobs, but I used the $3-5 a can stuff, usually with primer and a light sand. If you lay it down right from 5-feet it looks very good. Not as much shine or depth as real paint, but not bad. Sucks to do though (we are talking strait-ish sheetmetal, not tube are dented crap). Your hand gets tired and it takes longer to get a consistent finish that you want. Plus spray can's are inconsistent in their color and quality... and its always that "last" can that clogs, sputters and craps out.

Everytime I do it I tell myself "next time I'll load up a cheap spray gun and do it that way". Even if its just hardware store Rustoleum thinned to spray ($30/gallon).

Set up a cheap booth, prep it well, and spray it with an inexpensive gun and inexpensive paint (note I didn't say "cheap") and run with it. Or just do it in the driveway on a calm day... just be prepared for the occasional bug, and get it done before the neighbors freek! For a wheeling rig it will look well enough and get the job done... till you slide it against a rock and/or flop it.

Back