• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Purpose Snow Tires (4X4)

When I wheeled up there, I had Swamper TSL's for the summer and radial MT's for the snow. Only way to go. The swampers would dig too much and athe radials would float at 2 PSI. could drive circles around swamper guys. This was before the days of IROK's though, I still think a radial would do better then a swamper cos it's less agressive, Of course it depends alot on conditions. right now snow conditions are good for all cos the snow is fresh, wait til it stops snowing, clears up and ices over, or dries out and becomes real powdery or it warms some and rains on top of it. then the float becomes more necessary, of course by spring when the snow is real dense then you can throttle the hell out of a bogger and not dig hardly and more egressive tire works better......It's all about conditions.

Look at the guys in Iceland, the're all using Cepeks and big fat radials for floating....they seem to get around pretty good. :stirpot: :D

Runnin a new set of 36 Iroks and they are kickin ass in the snow. Have a buddy that runs 37 toyos with no valve stem cores and gets around real good...just not sure how he can keep them on the rim with no beadlocks. I tried it with my toyos and promptly lost a bead

GRNTACO said:
It's about time you got a real set of tires.:clappy:
Just picked them up on friday from whoresalers...700 out the door mounted :D

run awesome at 3psi as long as I don't run off the trail and knock a bead off............doh

Grommit327 said:
Just picked them up on friday from whoresalers...700 out the door mounted :D

run awesome at 3psi as long as I don't run off the trail and knock a bead off............doh

AWESOME! You will really love them.

I ran mine at 1-2psi (that is a guess, my gauge only goes to 5) on Saturday in the snow and they worked great. Mine are loosing the sharp edges so they are about the get the center lugs grooved.

GRNTACO said:
AWESOME! You will really love them.

I ran mine at 1-2psi (that is a guess, my gauge only goes to 5) on Saturday in the snow and they worked great. Mine are loosing the sharp edges so they are about the get the center lugs grooved.
2 snow runs and I am already in love with them...although I wish I waited and got the 39.5's to work....the 36's look tiny on my truck. Oh well...maybe I can trade up once I get some new springs and my front axle moved forward :D

Bunk said:
Mark, Big tires are kewl! Get some 42 inch Iroks.

Arnt D60's great??

I decided that if I spend the money :rolleyes: I'd get the **** Cepek Fun Country 44" x 18.5" for a Trail Ready bead locked 16.5" (12" wide) wheel. Floatation, floatation, floatation. :cool:

We're talking about $2500.00 mounted and out the door, so to speak.

We'll see though.....first the buggy has to be done before all the snow melts. :haha:

Rockers are pretty wide. They are a bias ply, although they seem pillow out like radials. I know there are many more dynamics when it comes to what works in snow than width, but they might be worth glancing at, especially for dual use in the summer. Although they only go up to a weenie size of 39.5 :looser:

ToyBug said:
Why? Don't they make an 8 lug 16.5 wheel?

Nope, All the kewl kids have 6 lug rims...Im kewl, And ya know what tires i got..However im thinking we will be having a break in run together...or close to it anyway..My problem is im broke, But making huge progress..Hopefully the x-mas bonus and tax return treat me right

Well if I have 2 more lugs than you, doesn't that mean I'm TWICE as kewl? :flipoff:

And I think you might even beat me with your build. Want to call Andy for me and give him a kick in the pants? :;

ran 15/38.5 boggers in the snow last year and was really preaty impressed. just had to watch out how you spun them because they like to dig.

im running 39.5 iroks now and dont think ill be dissapointed.

ToyBug said:
Also, know of any cool hydraulic tire lifting gizmos? Like a platform you roll a tire onto and then can raise it up to mount those heavy bastards. I’m weak and don’t like manual labor. :flipoff:

Post up biatches!

Answers to part two?

ToyBug said:
Answers to part two?

Bigger garage, car lift.:flipoff:

Actually ive been thinking of making a bottle jack lift thingy for mine. My 18 year old 2 ton jack couldnt lift my toy when i had the 44's on it.

skrause said:
IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs IROKs

....did I mention IROKs? :flipoff:

I would have to say the Iroks work pretty well :redneck:

Latest posts

Back