• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Radial tire comparison.... which do you all think is the best

Just curious. Why the sour note on the toyos

Response:
My reasons may sound stupid to some, but they are my reasons...
first, everyone and their mother has these tires. I want something different.
two, everyone I know with these tires has had poor wear life on them out of the seven people I know with these tires have all gotten around 25-30k. That is rediculous for a radial.
three, In my personal opinion, they are far overpriced for what you get
and four, astetically speaking, I believe they are a hidious looking tire.

I know many of you won't agree with my reasons, but like I stated before, they are my reasons.

I am really gunshy of the Wrangler MTR's because I used to have a set of 35x12.5x15's on a lifted 93 chevy 1500 and they were aired down to about 14psi, I lost control in the snow and totalled my truck. Since then, I have had a very sour taste regarding those tires.... but it seems like the people who run them say they are one of the best "radials" you can get for wheelin.

Just curious. Why the sour note on the toyos

Response:
My reasons may sound stupid to some, but they are my reasons...
first, everyone and their mother has these tires. I want something different.
two, everyone I know with these tires has had poor wear life on them out of the seven people I know with these tires have all gotten around 25-30k. That is rediculous for a radial.
three, In my personal opinion, they are far overpriced for what you get
and four, astetically speaking, I believe they are a hidious looking tire.

I know many of you won't agree with my reasons, but like I stated before, they are my reasons.

I am really gunshy of the Wrangler MTR's because I used to have a set of 35x12.5x15's on a lifted 93 chevy 1500 and they were aired down to about 14psi, I lost control in the snow and totalled my truck. Since then, I have had a very sour taste regarding those tires.... but it seems like the people who run them say they are one of the best "radials" you can get for wheelin.

Thats cool I was afraid there was actualy a problem with them that I hadnt heard of:eeek: I agree on the price thing but I got a good deal on a set of 5 on wheels. I was kind of shocked to find that a 35" x13.5 x 15 was about $300 :booo: Glad I only need one to match the spare

Hey Jim, He's right, they don't wear very well...And they're HEAVY....But for a rig such as yours, it'll help lower the COG!!!:haha: And yes, they are WAY overpriced!!!...:yikes: