• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCing in Bellevue

you planning on covering the foam with anything
i did the same thing in my backyard course to fill in some gaps
the problem i have is when i get vert it tends to just tear the foam up

Should see what my rig will do to split wood/shreds it I would like to ses the mess mine would make of that white stuff :haha:

After this koh crap is done, I'll come down for a RC wheeling drinking and :cool: good time.

After? There are RC comps at KOH! I will be bringing my crawler and trying to build a slash to bring also. Now if i had your 1:1 KOH car to race, I might leave it home.

I've toyed with the idea of getting an RC crawler. In the meantime, I was thinking about getting together materials for some kind of weatherproof, portable course. It would seem that trying to find artificial materials that are natural-like can be challenging. But I did find a website that has what I think could be used by themselves or in conjunction with other materials to build a changable course.

http://www.rockandwater.com/HTM%20Files/hollow_boulders_most_realistic.htm

I guess they're a little pricey once you start adding them up but it seems like they could really provide a more realistic course and be light enough to move quickly to create new lines. And, when not in use, they can add a nice touch to your yard :redneck:

Last edited:

The foam will be covered with QuikCrete Concrete Repair.......thin layer, smeared with a gloved hand, then "tapped" for a tacky texture. :cool: The foam is Great Stuff Gaps & Cracks........dries VERY hard and durable. Does not / will not flake or shred. And once the QuikCrete is dry, the entire surface is as grippy as granite.......and light as a feather.:D

In the pics, the gray portion is QuikCrete dried on a plastic landscaping piece from Lowe's. Even on the slick plastic, it adheres well and the wear is minimal.......only on the high spots from sliding the differential over.

****'s badass.......when all done, basically looks (and acts) like a big rocky formation.

Last edited:
here's one of Money's home made rocks with the kids on it, they have a lot of grip for the tires!!!!!:awesomework:

Attachments

• PICT2688 [640x280].JPG
    PICT2688 [640x280].JPG
    42 KB · Views: 115
How much are you into the rocks? looking into something similar for my place just dont know how much it would cost for a decent size area.

Looks like some fun all right.:awesomework:

I'd go to drink and hangout and watch the destruction. Don't have an RC, but I gots a belly to put beer in. :awesomework:

How much are you into the rocks?

Fake rock from Lowe's = $11
Great Stuff = $2 a can (dried volume is about 12" x 12")
Concrete Repair = $4 (needed 2 to cover fake rock)
Box of gloves = $10

Have you guys been sucking on the sack or something?:haha:

Oh God! Don't start.:haha:

I'd go to drink and hangout and watch the destruction. Don't have an RC, but I gots a belly to put beer in. :awesomework:

All will be welcome........even you.:fawkdancesmiley::hi:

Back