• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Speedo correction

Easiest? Piece of paper taped to the dash, with speed adjustments on them.

What I'd do? Go to Tacoma Speedometer, down on 512 and I5. Or at least call them. I got a gear replacement for my tcase and brought me exactly back where I needed to be. They even swapped the speedo gear shafts for me, no charge. Total fix was like 10 bucks. (on my Atlas'd YJ)

I think you can have your dodge speedo correction done in the computer, don't know what it costs though.

cmud said:
I think you can have your dodge speedo correction done in the computer, don't know what it costs though.

Is it a tire calibration thing in the abs? Chevs are like this (but you can only choose from a select tire size)

call up tacoma speedometer they got mine working cause i was on rpms for the longest time but ya did that and recalibrated the gearing to the engine for about $50 there its a little past the stadium

S10slayer said:
call up tacoma speedometer they got mine working cause i was on rpms for the longest time but ya did that and recalibrated the gearing to the engine for about $50 there its a little past the stadium

I would love to do this to my rig. Driving 50 in a 55 sucks. Makes me feel like I'm holding up traffic.

I think mine might be a bit old for the computer fix though. That, and I want to wait until I get new rubber on Yoda.

Jobless said:
The speedo works off the ABS sensor...which is fed through the computer. What gear would you change...the ABS sensor?

I can change the tire size/ABS sensor settings with the Smarty

I said MY truck. No ABS.

Nuzzy said:
So wait...

Can you change the sensor settings with the Smarty??

:flipoff: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Hey I think if you go to Jobless's house he can recalibrate the sensor with his Smarty. :flipoff:

BTW Brad, mine's almost dead on now. :D

I love having my Speedo a ways off.. Makes the truck have less miles on it :flipoff: . That helps when you put 50k on it in a year.

I had my buddy at the Dodge dealer recalibrate mine /w the DRB scan tool. All I had to do was find out the revolutions per mile of my tires and input that number.

John

Latest posts

Back