• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Speedo correction

Avanteone said:
I had my buddy at the Dodge dealer recalibrate mine /w the DRB scan tool. All I had to do was find out the revolutions per mile of my tires and input that number.

John

The Smarty is easier...you just enter in the new tire diameter in inches.

Cascade_Crawler said:
Could I call them and just have them send me a gear?

What size tire are you running and what gears? I assume this is for the Jeep, I have a couple different gears at home which may work for you.

Jobless said:
The Smarty is easier...you just enter in the new tire diameter in inches.

brad.. i dont know about 2nd gen, but i know 3rd are vin locked...
ie: you'd have to leeve it installed in miks for it to stay.. then again, let him drive it w/ the smarty installed and you might have to fight to get it back......

t1h5ta3 said:
ie: you'd have to leeve it installed in miks for it to stay.. then again, let him drive it w/ the smarty installed and you might have to fight to get it back......
If Brad doesn't need that part of the program for his truck, he can use it for another truck.

Lucky Jeff said:
If Brad doesn't need that part of the program for his truck, he can use it for another truck.

wow, marco therw a few extra tricks in the 2nd gen ones then....
or its a fluke... acording to mad's site its vin locked....

Q. Could you take Smarty and install it on several different trucks ONE-AT-A-TIME"?
A. Yes! No problem, when you go back to stock Smarty unlocks from the VIN# and ECM. Now
you're ready to go into another truck. As many times as you want

Q. Is Smarty ECM or VIN sensitive?"
A. YES! Smarty only works with one truck AND one ECM at one time.
Please! Notice!!! 1 Smarty = One truck AND one ECM!

Well I would imagine that Marco made it capable of doing what the other plug in setups could do.. If not I'm going to make fun of him :redneck: . With the superchips you can re-gear whatever truck you wanted, but you could only do that one truck on the re-gear. The performance side of the box was totally different, and could use that on a different truck at the same time. But you could only use one program on one truck.

t1h5ta3 said:

The ABS portion I believe is not controlled by ECM/VIN through the SMARTY...I think they let you program ABS settings all day long. It's the performance downloads 0 though 9 that are controlled.

I could be wrong but I did it on Matt's truck.

Somebody else with a 2000 or 2001 come by and we'll try it.

Jobless said:
The ABS portion I believe is not controlled by ECM/VIN through the SMARTY...I think they let you program ABS settings all day long. It's the performance downloads 0 though 9 that are controlled.

I could be wrong but I did it on Matt's truck.

Somebody else with a 2000 or 2001 come by and we'll try it.

If it that portion turns out to be VIN locked, I'll swing by next time I'm over there so you can remove it, since I figured out why the edge wasn't working to correct the speedo... both numbers were the same, I forgot that I had disconnected the battery leads on the box after I initially set it up so it lost all the settings and I never re-entered the tire size settings. Doh.

:stupid:

Latest posts

Back