• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

spools

blackman said:
well its never going to be driven on the street... gonna spool the rear but i really do'nt want to do the front but with all the other money im spending to get this thing wheelin i do'nt have money for a arb or detriot so any one wheel with a spool front without hydro?

Lockrite the front if you can't affrd anything better. They will still let you get the front unlocked to turn using the throttle. I ran spool rear, lockrite front for a long time. Now that I added ARB rear I still use he lockrite in the front and my 60 will probably go detroit in front.

Jobless said:
Push on tight trails...that's what front wheel digs are for :cool:

It was in my Toyota, I would never want to dig with a pos toy front axle:D

The new rig will be a different story.

CrustyJeep said:
Which I'm hoping dual rear line locks will help with... Which wouldn't work with a spool.

Amatuers :rolleyes:

I have a spool in the back & twin sticks...front digs work well enough without individual line locks for trail running :flipoff:

Jobless said:
Amatuers :rolleyes:

I have a spool in the back & twin sticks...front digs work well enough without individual line locks for trail running :flipoff:
Hang on fawker, I thought you run a Detroit out back :flipoff:

LWB Samurai Joe said:
Probably the cheapest way to go. I like being able to turn off my ARB and wheel open. Adds to the challenge at times.

If you gotta turn your ARB off to make the trails more challenging then it's time to try new trails.

so besides the lockrite whats the the next best thign to ru up front... i mean i wish i could afford a arb or detriot but i have alot more money to sp end to get my **** going

blackman said:
so besides the lockrite whats the the next best thign to ru up front... i mean i wish i could afford a arb or detriot but i have alot more money to sp end to get my **** going

i havent ran one, but there is the aussie locker option. IIRC Cascade crawler has one.

MarcW said:
i havent ran one, but there is the aussie locker option. IIRC Cascade crawler has one.

It's essentially the same EXACT design as a LockRight. But supposed to be stronger. A while back (after the Aussie had been out for a while), I exchanged emails with one of the head guys at Aussie and he said they had yet to have one returned for breakage that was due to an actual failure of their product. The only broken ones he knew of were set up improperly to begin with. I still don't know anyone personally that's broken one.

And, at least when I was looking at them, they were the same price or cheaper than the LR.

If you are going to go with a spool in the rear, then just Lincoln Lock it. Much cheaper. But I wouldn't weld the front, I would go with something like a Lock Right or a Detroit.

Remember though that if you spool or weld the rear that it will produce a lot of torque on your axles when conering on pavement. So running welded rear is better done on trail only rigs.

Just my $0.02

I have ran Detroits and spools in the rear. the spools didn't beak, detroits did. Now I have the joy of air lockers with cutting brakes....ohh the joy:D

ya wish i did ha i think im just going to put a couple other things for the rig on hold and try and get a detriot for the front then just spool the rear.