• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tahuya 2-28-09

Jaydog

A couple of us hit Tahuya today, it's been more than a decade since I had been out there, heard there was some cool stuff so we headed out. :awesomework:

Dave, and I went to Tahuya today, and ran most of the south loop and some of the north loop (I think). There are a ton of trails, but it's really confusing, anyhow it was a good day, fun times, there were some cool obstacles, ran into Joe (Six-nine) in the afternoon.
First trail
Tahuya001.jpg

Big rocks and a lot of banging
Tahuya005.jpg

Tahuya008.jpg

Tahuya009.jpg

Tahuya012.jpg

The mud made the rocks slick, so I had to winch a little
Tahuya017.jpg

Tahuya018.jpg

Dave hit the rock pile
Tahuya021.jpg

Tahuya022.jpg

Tahuya025.jpg

Everyone has a little Captain Morgan in them
Tahuya027.jpg

Heading up Yellowjacket
Tahuya028.jpg

When you're spotting Dave, be ready to run ;D
Tahuya030.jpg

Tahuya032.jpg

Tahuya037.jpg

My turn
Tahuya038.jpg

Tahuya039.jpg

Tahuya040.jpg

Tahuya042.jpg

Tahuya044.jpg

Last edited:
Joe came up so fast that we didn't get pics, but got some at the next obstacle
Tahuya045.jpg

Tahuya046.jpg

Tahuya048.jpg

Tahuya049.jpg

Tahuya051.jpg

Tahuya053.jpg

Tahuya055.jpg

Didn't get any pics of Joe doing a wheel stand at the end, but totally impressive ;)
All in all a good day to wheel, and I think I'll go back and wheel it again in the next ten years

Ya thats him, those are some great pics. I have not been there in over 10 or 12 years when we used to ride dirt bikes. That place looks like a great wheeling spot.

Ya thats him, those are some great pics. I have not been there in over 10 or 12 years when we used to ride dirt bikes. That place looks like a great wheeling spot.

It has two or three good obstacles, if I lived close I would wheel it often, but IMO not worth the $8 that it cost to cross the bridge. :D

It was pretty easy, I liked the other one better, but I had to winch a little on it.

Yeh the other one is more of a challenge.Yellow jacket has a few spots you have to use throttle but once you get past them its a drive to the top.

Did you guys attempt Anarchy??

Yeh the other one is more of a challenge.Yellow jacket has a few spots you have to use throttle but once you get past them its a drive to the top.

Did you guys attempt Anarchy??

I don't know, we tried to hit everything out there, there was a hill climb that I almost went over backward on, but it was next to the short rock climb. I hope I didn't miss anything. :redneck:

I don't know, we tried to hit everything out there, there was a hill climb that I almost went over backward on, but it was next to the short rock climb. I hope I didn't miss anything. :redneck:

Yeh that was the vertical launch. It used to be harder now its kinda like a ramp. But you missed Anarchy. when your at the bottom of the big rock hill, go left through the dug out section, at the end of the dug outs on the left is Anarchy. skinny trail, snakes it way up to the top. Has a ledge 3/4's of the way up. The ledge is the obstacle.

Yeh that was the vertical launch. It used to be harder now its kinda like a ramp. But you missed Anarchy. when your at the bottom of the big rock hill, go left through the dug out section, at the end of the dug outs on the left is Anarchy. skinny trail, snakes it way up to the top. Has a ledge 3/4's of the way up. The ledge is the obstacle.

:mad: I didn't even see that, and I went through there twice. I will apologize now, but vertical launch is now stair stepped, my Iroks dug it out pretty good, I would hate to be the next guy to come down it :haha:

:mad: I didn't even see that, and I went through there twice. I will apologize now, but vertical launch is now stair stepped, my Iroks dug it out pretty good, I would hate to be the next guy to come down it :haha:

Coming down is easy. Going up is fun. This is what it looked like new.

P1060603.jpg

P1060607.jpg

P1060606.jpg

That's when it separated the men from the boys. Just floor it and hold on. :haha:

we camped out there last night but by the time we got out there after fixin romes rig we barely played around b4 going to camp .. where i got very drunk lol

Looks like the YJ had to pull cable...did he break or something?
Anyone know if someone is gonna build more obstacles on the logging roads that are "Tahuya?" It seems like a waste, having 6.5 miles of dirt road, and .5 mile total of rock gardens and potholes. Needs more.

Anyone know if someone is gonna build more obstacles on the logging roads that are "Tahuya?" It seems like a waste, having 6.5 miles of dirt road, and .5 mile total of rock gardens and potholes. Needs more.

Yep they will be doing more. But it takes time. I see your kinda local, see you at the next work party:awesomework:

No, he got sideways, the rocks move around, one lodged under the front diff. and lifted it up and rolled sideways, so he winched to straighten up, he's on 33's

Back