• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Thair will be no core challenge 2011

One thing to consider is,unless Steve plowed the courses under,I'm sure people would be fine with running the courses from last year. That would be a ton LESS work to reuse the "old" courses.

this is a dumb question for some, but i don't know how the core event works so this is why i am asking...........

why does the course get plowed under each year, why does a new course get built each year.... and why is this only a once a year thing....

is there a reason the course can't be built and stay up all year for people to enjoy and then be modified each year for a greater or slightly different challange when it came to the main event... a private park per-say....

this is a dumb question for some, but i don't know how the core event works so this is why i am asking...........

why does the course get plowed under each year, why does a new course get built each year.... and why is this only a once a year thing....

is there a reason the course can't be built and stay up all year for people to enjoy and then be modified each year for a greater or slightly different challange when it came to the main event... a private park per-say....

Steve useing it to store dirt and stuff. For him land sitting there doing nothing makes him no $.

Steve useing it to store dirt and stuff. For him land sitting there doing nothing makes him no $.

thats why i asked why it doesn't stay open all year long... people could pay him to use it...private orv park..this way people have something to do and it puts money in his pocket

thats why i asked why it doesn't stay open all year long... people could pay him to use it...private orv park..this way people have something to do and it puts money in his pocket

I would not be suprised if "liability" and "permits" has something to do with it.. Thats just a guess but thats what I suspect...

One thing to consider is,unless Steve plowed the courses under,I'm sure people would be fine with running the courses from last year. That would be a ton LESS work to reuse the "old" courses.

Just not our thing we want a something new and better each year not the same old stuff.
Duane

Just not our thing we want a something new and better each year not the same old stuff.
Duane

Uuuhhhh...I get that. But WE who show up to compete,pay entry fees and flog our junk for the enjoyment of everyone would rather be able to run last years courses than nothing at all:awesomework:

Yes...I am utilizing the "Victorian WE" but I feel most COMPETITORS would agree.

Uuuhhhh...I get that. But WE who show up to compete,pay entry fees and flog our junk for the enjoyment of everyone would rather be able to run last years courses than nothing at all:awesomework:

Yes...I am utilizing the "Victorian WE" but I feel most COMPETITORS would agree.

I'll run the same course every month for 5 years if it just gave me/us a place to play and "compete".

Ideas are good, practicality is a start.

X's 2

It was good talking to you last night Chris...

I dropped a bug in the ear of our members over on the WOW board... Like I told you last night, we've had a thread going for a while discussing this...

I'm seeing if we could set up a date for a field trip, so everyone could meet up at the location with some of the Core people and get a realistic idea of what our responsibilities would be to host this event...

By the sounds of it, there are a bunch of people on here that would like to be there to discuss this as well...

Maybe we can set a date for a Saturday or Sunday to walk the course and have a "focus group meeting" about making this happen... I know, it's kinda funny calling it a "focus group meeting", but they work and get things done...

This may or may not be something that WOW could pull off, but we could invite those that are interested in helping and perhaps work out how to make this happen...

What do you guys think???

I have already discussed this a little with my club, put us down as a possibility for helping host or run one area.

John

Already planned on talking with you guys about it...:redneck:

Your clubs experience with your events would be a great asset in making this happen... Thanks John...:awesomework:

It was good talking to you last night Chris...

I dropped a bug in the ear of our members over on the WOW board... Like I told you last night, we've had a thread going for a while discussing this...

I'm seeing if we could set up a date for a field trip, so everyone could meet up at the location with some of the Core people and get a realistic idea of what our responsibilities would be to host this event...

By the sounds of it, there are a bunch of people on here that would like to be there to discuss this as well...

Maybe we can set a date for a Saturday or Sunday to walk the course and have a "focus group meeting" about making this happen... I know, it's kinda funny calling it a "focus group meeting", but they work and get things done...

This may or may not be something that WOW could pull off, but we could invite those that are interested in helping and perhaps work out how to make this happen...

What do you guys think???

One thing to think about and this is how its been done in the past is core went to other clubs/folks to assist and take over aspects of it. So core's "core" thing was to organize everything around the folks who were helping.

One thing to think about and this is how its been done in the past is core went to other clubs/folks to assist and take over aspects of it. So core's "core" thing was to organize everything around the folks who were helping.

That's why a focus group would be a good idea... Chris was telling me about the other clubs that handled different areas... If those people are still interested in helping, along with some other clubs that haven't helped before but willing to get involved, this could happen...

First step would be committing to sit down with everyone and going over all the ins and outs... If we can come up with a plan that will work and everyone agrees on, then we can proceed to step two...

If it doesn't seem feasible, then we've lost nothing other than a little bit of our time... I think it's worth looking into...

I'll be the first to step forward and offer my assistance like I have for a number of years now(Have enjoyed being involved with it)..

our club is willing to help out as well.... a couple of our members helped with the core event last year, more are willing to do so this year :awesomework:

Back