• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire repair help asap.

i once sidewalled 2 baja claws in a week. on the second one i said foget it no way am i buying another one so i patched it ( mine was also further down the sidwall) and put a tube in it. i drove it for a month (my dd) and i wheeled on it under 10 lbs 4 wheeling trips before i sold the rig. it still held air then. sounds like you got it under control but i thought i would throw my 2 cents in.

i once sidewalled 2 baja claws in a week. on the second one i said foget it no way am i buying another one so i patched it ( mine was also further down the sidwall) and put a tube in it. i drove it for a month (my dd) and i wheeled on it under 10 lbs 4 wheeling trips before i sold the rig. it still held air then. sounds like you got it under control but i thought i would throw my 2 cents in.

Well the bad thing with running a sidewall patch and then a tube is you run the risk of pinching the tube at lower air presure. One way to get away from the pinching is to rub vaseline on the patch area so it can grab the tube as the side wall flexes.

is a patch going to affect it airing down. meaning that if i air down, am i going to worry about the patch ripping out.

i think this was a defective tire. where the hole is on the inside, you can barely find it. you have to push the tire to make it visable

i think this was a defective tire. where the hole is on the inside, you can barely find it. you have to push the tire to make it visable

Sometimes the hole is small on the inside. The problem with the hole being larger on the outside is steel belt damage. If the steel belts a broken and you drive they move around inside the tire and cause the opening to become larger and will cause a seperation (big bubble) and make the tire worthless. Best to fix it even if the hole isnt that big on the inside.

Sometimes the hole is small on the inside. The problem with the hole being larger on the outside is steel belt damage. If the steel belts a broken and you drive they move around inside the tire and cause the opening to become larger and will cause a seperation (big bubble) and make the tire worthless. Best to fix it even if the hole isnt that big on the inside.

And you can fix this. Please give me the positive

Paul---Brian can fix it--if he says he can fix it---he can fix it and do it right -- trust me on this one :awesomework:

Latest posts

Back