• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

waggy's or toy's?

I've got the stock waggie fronts and it flexs well. Thinking that your snapping springs has to do with incorrect bumpstop placement. You are probably negatively arching the spring too far upon compression, thus causing your springs to break. Lower your bumpstops. I've got at most 5" of up travel and the rest is all down. Ran this setup for a 2 years without a broken spring.

I ran un modified 7 leaf's up front in my toyota for about 1 1/2 year's, I ran with no bumpstop's, they got really ugly under full compression, but never broke a single spring, they ended up being really flat and bent and lost about 2 inches of ride height over time. I eventually ran toy rear's to get rid of the tire to firewall rubbage issue, but I was never real happy with them other than the clearence gain.

ive got everything i need to finish up my truck but its so hard because its my dd right now i was going to run a set of my rear leafs in the front tho and 63's in the rear

426rider how long have you had your rears on. and what did you do? you left them alone,but took out over load i assume.

Yeah, removed the overload. I already had new front hangers built and 1 1/2 or 2" longer shackles that I used with the waggys. They performed similarly to me. I don't have amazing flex but I like how it is set up now. I run more trail than rock but my rig works pretty good anywhere.

Latest posts

Back