• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what dana 300 do i want?

dove'd85

are all dana 300 the same? where can i find the best deal on a rebuild kit/gear set/ sticks for a 300? school me:hi: :beer:

Out of a CJ7 Jeep(Most common). JB conversions on the 4-1 gearset, and DD machine out of poulsbo on the twin sticks.

thanks for the link:cool: but i still have a few questions:eeek: i plan on running a FI vortec 4.3 has anyone run a geared toy box in front of a stock/upgraded 300 with a 4.3? i haven't even priced out an atlas but from what i gathered in another thread i may save money buying an atlas then upgrading a 300?:beer:

thanks for the link:cool: but i still have a few questions:eeek: i plan on running a FI vortec 4.3 has anyone run a geared toy box in front of a stock/upgraded 300 with a 4.3? i haven't even priced out an atlas but from what i gathered in another thread i may save money buying an atlas then upgrading a 300?:beer:

Id do the atlas since its a hard part that wont ever need replacing. Also you need a adaptor for the toy to 300, I know crash has made em. Personally i think you should do a auto to atlas and skip the toy reduction box. I got my atlas built to order for $2311 about 3 years ago.

Is this going in the toyota?

Forget about the toyota tranny and t case, 4.3 with a turbo 400 and then the d-300 :awesomework:

I bought my atlas for $2600 (I got it about 2 months ago) from S&N fab that was with upgraded output and tranny adapter

as bunk said, crash has a toy to 300 in his rig with an adaptor he made but it uses a toy dual case adaptor as well. Otherwise OTT does a toy to d300 as well

as bunk said, crash has a toy to 300 in his rig with an adaptor he made but it uses a toy dual case adaptor as well. Otherwise OTT does a toy to d300 as well

what toy tranny is mike running is he running a toy box before his 300?

can i get the reduction out of an auto/atlas with out a toy box in front of it? i have been doing some research/ but with a none stop 5 a.m -11 p.m monday through friday schedule it is going to make this some what of a long process...by long i mean i want to have my junk up and running with the new motor atleast in the next month or so.... i haven't thought much about an auto tranny to be honest i haven't thought about it at all:D but i will ponder it for a few weeks :haha: thanks for the replies... can i run my trail gear pump on a 4.3? i plan on running no bigger then 37's with my toy axles:stirpot: i don't know much about auto trannies other then how do tear them apart:redneck: what sort of stall converter would work best for my application i am also thinking that i should maybe gear up to 4.88's or 4.10's?

yes Joe they are going in the toyota:awesomework:

thanks for the replies:beer:

can i get the reduction out of an auto/atlas with out a toy box in front of it? i have been doing some research/ but with a none stop 5 a.m -11 p.m monday through friday schedule it is going to make this some what of a long process...by long i mean i want to have my junk up and running with the new motor atleast in the next month or so.... i haven't thought much about an auto tranny to be honest i haven't thought about it at all:D but i will ponder it for a few weeks :haha: thanks for the replies... can i run my trail gear pump on a 4.3? i plan on running no bigger then 37's with my toy axles:stirpot: i don't know much about auto trannies other then how do tear them apart:redneck: what sort of stall converter would work best for my application i am also thinking that i should maybe gear up to 4.88's or 4.10's?

crash has an 4.3/sm465/toy case/d300 combo.....

I am running an SM465--to an ott adapter--to a toy reduction box to my own adapter to an dana 300

4.3 to th400 to d300 or atlas. Maybee a 1800 stall or go up to 2400??? I know my v-8 likes the 2400 other than the major heat it makes. Someone with a 4.3 would give ya better advice.

The thing to remember with the trans is you need a round 6 bolting pattern to hook to a d300 or atlas, The th400 4x4 trans has a round 6 but i dont think the th350 does. I may be wrong.

damn:eeek: what gears are you running in your toy box mike? what gear ratio are you running in your 300? did you upgrade all the internal weak spots? are you running a 4.3 in your toy?:corn: :cool:

4:1 in toy reduction box and I have the HD output on the dana 300(stock gears). I havent upgraded the front output--been waiting to break that first. But ya--I have a 4.3

Latest posts