• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What do you have for sound?

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So, what do you have for sound systems in your tow rigs? Right now I have just a stock setup (dual deck--cd/tape). So anybody know if there is another option for the dodge decks for hooking up an Ipod besides an FM transmitter style?

My 05' dodge came with the infinity system and i think it is good for stock. Except the SIRIUS made me throw away all my CD's cause i realized id never listen to them again.

Kenwood head unit, no longer plays CD's..si I plud in the IPOD. Some Pioneer 3 ways up front a nd kenwood 6x9's in back...still trying to figure out where to put the two 18 inch subs and 1000 watt amps.....

normal_DSCF4094.JPG

Got a sony deck a 3-way speaker setup up front (yes thats 2 speakers and a tweeter) and 6x9's out back. Looking for a cheap amp to use on my 12" boston woofer and front speakers...

Not my truck but it does all my towing needs.

rc405.jpg

Pheonix Gold 400 watt amp
Allpine Deck
(2) 12" punch 2 HE's

Stock Infinity system with changer and Siruis. Sat radio sucks around here, too many trees that need to be cut down. :flipoff: I need to find a way to plug my iPod into it, 6 cds of MP3s just doesn't cut it. :cheer:

skrause said:
Stock Infinity system with changer and Siruis. Sat radio sucks around here, too many trees that need to be cut down. :flipoff: I need to find a way to plug my iPod into it, 6 cds of MP3s just doesn't cut it. :cheer:

U live in the country, if u dont like the damn trees move back to the city u fricken yuppy :flipoff:

I got the stock cd/cassette AM/FM radio with a Ipod tranmitter that plugs into my power outlet. It transmits to the radio digitally and charges my ipod at the same time. Just set the radio station to the station the transmitor thing is on and bam! Ipodage on the radio!

I like it better than a hardwire cuz it charges too. And the sound quality is fantastic!

snwbrdpunk16 said:
U live in the country, if u dont like the damn trees move back to the city u fricken yuppy :flipoff:
:haha: :flipoff:

Did I mention my BOTH of my wheeling rigs have big gaping holes for stereos? :corn:

I don't have any system in my "tow rig"

But I reccomend Sony decks. Or Alpine. Infinity speakers are the ****, but only when used in proper enclosures. In my ZJ, it came with an infinity system. I changed it only by adding speakers, and tightening up the enclosures, it sounds 200% better. The sounstage changes so much too. I didn't even use thier crossovers, I built my own.

Sony Deck, Infinity mids/tweets, audiobahn subs and Sirius satellite.. I'm too lazy to load songs onto a computer and blah blah.. So my setup works well for me.. If I don't feel like listening to music.. Comedy is on 103 :redneck:

I pulled all the factory speakers and am running the Focal stuff, great sound. Still running the stock Dodge headunit w/the CD and GPS/Nav. I don't think there's anything to run an ipod or the like into that headunit. Probably would have to go to an aftermarket headunit for something like that if you didn't want to do the FM transmitter type (which I've heard bad things about in terms of sound quality). For speakers my pref is Focal or MB Quart mids/highs and JL Audio subs.

huh, I stand corrected, a quick google search turned up this...
http://www.amazon.com/2000-2005-Chrysler-Factory-Interface-Auxilliary/dp/B000ILJTJ4

I have the stock head unit with a FM transmitter that plugs inline with the antenna cable. If you have the head unit that takes the optional cd changer you can wire your Isquab into that input. I am using a little unit from Magnolia in Bellevue that I believe Chris in the install dept put together for me with a Ipod cord hard wired into a transmitter and power connections, sweet litte unit. Stop by and ask Chris, Donovan, or Bob about my Dodge they should remember the guy with the boat, and silver dodge. Oh, and I have an Alpine PDX powering a Pioneer pancake 10" under the passenger seat, takes up zero storage space and you've heard it, it rocks! I wanted to keep the stock head unit and not have anything that anyone would want to break into the truck for visible inside the tow rig!

A flip face kenwood cd player,audio bahn 2 om 500 watt amp 2 channel and 2 audio bahn 12s .6 Planet audio mids and tweets .

in my 2000 Ram, I swapped out the stock dodge unit for a panasonic mp3/head unit, swapped out the stock Infinity speakers for Infinity Reference speakers, and added 2 MTX 10" subs in a custom MTX enclosure "thunderform enclosure" under the back seat with built in amplifier in the enclosure as well as a separate amp to run the reference speakers.

The rig may be for sale, either that or Bretts F-350 may be for sale... we haven't figured out which one to keep, but if mine is for sale then the Stereo stuff will be for sale too, too bad I just had it put in this August!

not in my tow rig (dont have one), or even in my truck (yet). but in my cressida i have
alpine head unit (with the optional ipod cable, plugs into the back of the deck)
kenwood 400w amp
12" infinity reference sub
jensen 6x9 three ways (my only mistake :mad: )

for my toy, i got a set of 4" alpine s2 mids/highs, powered by a 150w alpine amp, probably gonna go alpine for my head unit, move the kenwood amp into my truck to power my 10" sony xplode sub.

crash said:
So, what do you have for sound systems in your tow rigs? Right now I have just a stock setup (dual deck--cd/tape). So anybody know if there is another option for the dodge decks for hooking up an Ipod besides an FM transmitter style?

Getcherself one of those old fashioned cassette tape adapters and plug it into the headphone jack.

As for my hauler.. there's an AIWA MP3-CD head unit with an audio-in jack on the front for the portable DVD player, along with a 6.5 3-way in each of the 4 doors for the moment. Haven't put the subs under the rear seat yet, or LCD displays in the seat backs.

Yes, in one of my Binders.

My rig has Alpine DVD/Screen, EQ, 12 Disk changer, 2 10 MMATS P3.0's, 1200 watt Directed Audio amp, Directed Audio speakers. Love crusing with good sound :D

Latest posts

Back