• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

what do you take with you

79chevy39.5's said:
so it seems that i should just carry toyota parts as they seem to be the guys without the tools/parts:flipoff:

Cheap build rigs like Toy's and Sami's usually have such a tight build budget there's no $ left for spare's. Unless you need one of the 3 tranny's, 2 engine's, 5 tires, or 2 frame's they have laying in the back yard:clappy:

H3RESQ said:
Cheap build rigs like Toy's and Sami's usually have such a tight build budget there's no $ left for spare's. Unless you need one of the 3 tranny's, 2 engine's, 5 tires, or 2 frame's they have laying in the back yard:clappy:
That's how it should be!!:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

just because i have spare frames, axle setups, tranny's and tcases laying around... don't hate! lol!... :cheer: :kissmyass: :haha:

Last edited:
Duct tape.
ZIP ties.
Pieces of vinyl.
Axle fluid.

A locked large tool box, bolted to your bed.

Oh and patience when something does break.

Just a list I'm compiling, due to the busted CJ I ran into today.

I carry everything listed so far as well as a lot more. But what I see missing from all these posts are Trash Bags. I carry a roll and hand them out before the trail run. Make sure you get the good thick ones so they can be used for things other than trash, like A fluid receptacle should you need to drain oil, coolant, or ATF and they can come in handy when you need to dispose of some tree huggers body(Sen. Kline):D

zip ties and duct tape, are neccesary tools. i've had to bandage a lot of stuff, with ratchet straps, zip ties and duct tape. whether it i'm riding my dirtbike, quad, or wheeling.

i'm getting a truck box to fab into my flatbed. and it'll be filled

pullUout said:
I carry everything listed so far as well as a lot more. But what I see missing from all these posts are Trash Bags. I carry a roll and hand them out before the trail run. Make sure you get the good thick ones so they can be used for things other than trash, like A fluid receptacle should you need to drain oil, coolant, or ATF and they can come in handy when you need to dispose of some tree huggers body(Sen. Kline):D

After my first trip to Reiter in my rig, the first thing I put in my tool box was a roll of trash bags. I could not believe all the trash I saw out there.:puke:

skrause said:
I think he meant he doesn't take enough. :;

I don't. I know I should take more, and/or ride with others that do bring the kitchen sink with them. I just don't have everything that others on this thread mention. Parts, while very important, are hard to find, and when you do find some, for some reason people think they are made of either gold or crude oil.

Tools I have enough to get me by, but I don't have a place where I know they will stay, ie not bounce out of the bed or take up important leg room for wife or son.

I do take the trails easy. Going hellbent when you can't fix something, is dumber than going trailing with a 1/4 tank of gas.

Having just started trailing, everything I do is a work in progress. As I find/afford things, they will become part of my arsenal. I'll ask a lot of questions, ask Mike, and I may still walk away totally bewildered. So, I'll ask the question over again. I do know my limitations. I can't weld or do metal work and stuff like that. I could probably change an engine out, if I absolutely had to. But I feel better about changing disc pads than brake shoes. Tune ups? Plugs, cap and rotor, air filter. Need more. Paid mechanic time.

I'm doing it again, aren't I? Why doesn't anyone stop me?

Latest posts

Back