• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

onepieceatatime said:
Sounds like you should sell the old one, might be able to get a set of better used rear tires for the new one at least.

All logic says I SHOULD sell it....but it may just turn into my "when I retire fixer upper". It's nothing special to anyone except me. My first new car, the car I met good people in the open track / autocross community, first car I really built the way I wanted it, the first car I really dialed in driving skills and mindset.

I also did some toilet Googling and found that I may not hafta go the T56 trans route. It looks like a few companies have stepped up the TR3650 game and are making much better stuff than like 10 years ago. Yes, it will be a lesser transmission but they're holding 550-650ft/lbs of torque pretty good.

With that said, the current 2v engine still has a loyal following. The blocks are good to 1k HP, it's the heads that just don't flow(like a 4 valve head). Still though, some Trick Flow heads, good rotating assy., and some form of "teen-boost" levels, I'd say it'd be awesome!

Yes, I feel like I'm bulletproofing a 6.0 or churching up a D30....but the more I think of it, the more i'll just keep it "true".

tonybolton said:
All logic says I SHOULD sell it....but it may just turn into my "when I retire fixer upper". It's nothing special to anyone except me. My first new car, the car I met good people in the open track / autocross community, first car I really built the way I wanted it, the first car I really dialed in driving skills and mindset.

I also did some toilet Googling and found that I may not hafta go the T56 trans route. It looks like a few companies have stepped up the TR3650 game and are making much better stuff than like 10 years ago. Yes, it will be a lesser transmission but they're holding 550-650ft/lbs of torque pretty good.

With that said, the current 2v engine still has a loyal following. The blocks are good to 1k HP, it's the heads that just don't flow(like a 4 valve head). Still though, some Trick Flow heads, good rotating assy., and some form of "teen-boost" levels, I'd say it'd be awesome!

Yes, I feel like I'm bulletproofing a 6.0 or churching up a D30....but the more I think of it, the more i'll just keep it "true".

Don't sell it. Youll regret it. Keep that thing. If you have kids, pass it on.

You better get out there and hit those ditches man, gonna take a lot of cans to pay for all that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creepycrawly said:
Don't sell it. Youll regret it. Keep that thing. If you have kids, pass it on.

Naaa...I won't sell it. Don't have kids....everybody else does. I'll jus scatter whats left of what I got to my friends or people that never said CHM to me. :)

I'll do some funny **** like Will a bunch of cotton to the NAACP or some random funny ****.

tonybolton said:
Naaa...I won't sell it. Don't have kids....everybody else does. I'll jus scatter whats left of what I got to my friends or people that never said CHM to me. :)

I'll do some funny **** like Will a bunch of cotton to the NAACP or some random funny ****.

Well damn. Guess that leaves me out of the will..............

But you are the RICHEST poor person I know of !!!! :****:

I'm on that grind 24/7....gotta try'n keep up with the Hardliner's!

What's that sayin' from the movie Kingpin? "We do everything you do half again as hard as you do!". LOL

I'm over here eatin' diet soup /usin a cracker for a spoon while ya'll throwin' half a ribeye away cuz of the fat!

Well....jus water, but I figure if it's good enough to keep that pair socks I have clean, it's good enough for me!

Plus, sounds sorta exotic when ya ask people if they've ever tried any Sock-Soup. :)

tonybolton said:
My first new car, the car I met good people in the open track / autocross community, first car I really built the way I wanted it, the first car I really dialed in driving skills and mindset.
I miss doing the autocross stuff with the folks from the crscca. Been talking about getting another Z28 six speed car but don't think I can swing a second toy till I finish the current build on the TJ.

The entry fees and cost have just skyrocketed and I really can't justify the cost any more to do those kind of things... I really want to but I just can't justify the price for the drive time now.

When the Nashville Superspeedway shut down that really was a big kick to me. It was close by and each lap had a good mix of turns and then a back stretch to really let her eat.

It's really hard for me not to throw a bunch of suspension on my car instead of the supercharger but I'm just going out of my element and going to finally have a car that makes some decent horsepower for once instead of just spending money on tires brakes fluids entry fees and shocks.

d290e65e4272e4b62507ccd7de9a736a.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You didn't buy those socks from 5bros yard sale did ya ?

Re: Re: What to do with a 2002 Mustang GT?

1tonrenegade said:
It was the one with the 4 exhaust tips out the back :****:
Daaang.....brutal.

I told you guys it doesn't really look like anything special just a regular white Mustang with black interior.

1817efbc178dd0e6b63397f5146f7dde.jpg
704bfc05e18c35983071044527516a4f.jpg
50cf8ac83100233aa8908d95a67dddf0.jpg

85667169bb806f542a77c38dea9251e5.jpg

Oh man....browsing old pix I forgot about this "trail repair"!

I believe I was up in Ohio or over in Nashville somewhere for a road course event and I had a brake caliper bracket failure.

I went into a turn from about 80 miles an hour and needed to be around 20 or 30 miles an hour to make the turn and when I hit the brakes I heard a loud bang and scraping. I limped It Off Track as fast as I could and then started looking where I heard the noise.

This was back when I was just doing things on street tires and stop trailering the car.

Once I saw the damage I was like oh **** I am totally ****ed this far away from home.

I kinda sorta figured out a plan that I thought might work so I started running around the pits gathering random bits for my Epic repair.

I found a big old lag screw somewhere swept up by the pit wall and a few people had some zip ties for me.

I figured once I got it all hacked back in there and together that I could just limp the car home and use the emergency brake is my brake. Keep in mind the rear brakes on this car are probably as good as your daily drivers front brakes.

I miraculously made it home by only using my e-brake. The only issue I had was about 3 exits after I left the track I heard the caliper break some zip ties and fall into the wheel again which I pulled over as fast as I could.

I saw a truck stop just down the road about half a quarter mile and went there and bought 5 packs of zip ties and got back together.
0bcacef8e6c3d4b9e591f5bbeed42191.jpg
4822b6edcc1519f3d155109961534ff0.jpg
b13d07c3fe425f4fbbde9243579027c7.jpg
6005880e13fe0bda32088c17fccdcf52.jpg
e1433c9c9d5e4f8e15e92d8edea77ca4.jpg

If you were in Ohio and road racing ya prob was at mid Ohio raceway up by Mansfield

Back