• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

which is stronger 8" toyota or 9" ford

no excuses

revamping the rear of my toy and thinking of going to 9" ford (dont bother with the go 14 bolt or 60 :flipoff: :kissmyass: ) Thinking of going 35 spline in the 9" with a spool, staying fullwidth and going disc brakes. So will it be worth it to go to the 9".

If so my rear 8" will be for sale start the bidding :flipoff: :haha: :haha: .

You just need to get rig of those tin can axles stan.....

But the 9" is stronger. Not only due to its size but the pinion head is also supported my a bearing...

no excuses said:
revamping the rear of my toy and thinking of going to 9" ford (dont bother with the go 14 bolt or 60 :flipoff: :kissmyass: ) Thinking of going 35 spline in the 9" with a spool, staying fullwidth and going disc brakes. So will it be worth it to go to the 9".

If so my rear 8" will be for sale start the bidding :flipoff: :haha: :haha: .

Since the 14 is out the only 1/2 ton axle good enough for your application is the 9 inch
the d-shaft angle suffers but they put the pinion there for a reason

Other than that it's the :poo: for a lightweight rig with 4cyl power and 40s'

Jobless said:
35 spline 9" big bearing nodular 3rd member :cool:

...what was the other axle again :****:

Brad, is urs a big pinion or a big outer bearing?? Also are u running a Ncase or just a standered case? I can get (free) a big outer (tapered roller) bearing truck housing so thats what I am looking at going with..

Last edited:
crash said:
You just need to get rig of those tin can axles stan.....

:kissmyass: :haha: :haha: but what will they do with all those pop cans if not make axle houseings :flipoff:

But the 9" is stronger. Not only due to its size but the pinion head is also supported my a bearing...

Mike, there is a third bearing in the pinion set up with the 9" correct??

no excuses said:
Brad, is urs a big pinion or a big outer bearing?? Also are u running a Ncase or just a standered case? I can get (free) a big outer (tapered roller) bearing truck housing so thats what I am looking at going with..

It's a nodular big bearing (3.25") case with daytona pinion

As for the actually outer wheel bearings...mine is a full float from a Dana 60

SysWillys said:
Tru-hi9, 35 Spline Detroit, and you'll never have to worry about it.. :D

The only reason for a tru-hi9 is if you need it to correct driveline angles.

I've been running my low-pinion 3rd's w/o issues of getting denied on an obstacle becuase of a low pinion setup...nor have they ever broken from taking a hit.

They are both crap. Ford nines Suck........If you really look at the total cost to make a 9" reasonably good you could have Mog axles. When you find them they are Reasonably priced and have superior ground clearance. Robin is the only one smart enough to Do it right if you going to spend big money. I would rather have a dana 60 over a nine anyday.:stirpot:

Fullywrecked said:
They are both crap. Ford nines Suck........If you really look at the total cost to make a 9" reasonably good you could have Mog axles. When you find them they are Reasonably priced and have superior ground clearance. Robin is the only one smart enough to Do it right if you going to spend big money. I would rather have a dana 60 over a nine anyday.:stirpot:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Latest posts

Back