• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

why?!?!?

I agree with everybody else. Do all the little things like a lockers and etc. I don't know what your income is like, I had to set X number of dollars aside each paycheck! Or do odd jobs. I did a bunch of stuff for my brother-in-laws side business to make extra dough! Before I knew it I had like $1500 in no time! Another thing is to sell anything that your not using! I had a motorcycle that I had, that I couldn't come up with a good reason for keeping it, when I hadn't rode it in 3 years!
Good luck, I learned alot from wheeling a ifs, and I got bored with it! And wanted a new challenge, that's why I bought a toy and going to do the sas! I wanted more flexiblity!

the plus's are as stated before... you already have an ifs steering box, you most likely have a stronger transmission, and you have a fuel injected motor. i believe it can be done for between 1500-2000 dollars. the trail gear sas kit is 1100 and that everything you need. gears and a locker for the front end installed is around 550 so there is 1650 with an sas complete. then you move to the rear and add another 550 for gears and installation and you can do a rear suspension set up for 250 with everything you need so you could be into your entire truck for below 2500 front and rear suspension with gears and lockers. i am into my gears and lockers 985 front and rear installed. that is for bobbys cryo'd 5.29's a spool rear and an aussie front. so you may even be able to do the whole thing for around 2000. wheel what ya got!!

WHEEL THE THING! thats all you can do and start collecting parts. my rig went on many trail runs as ifs,and i have two buddies with ifs. you will learn alot about your rig. then when time is right solid axle. look for my build i was broke when i did my swap. good friends helped fab what we could, and i bought everything on budget(research). my solid axle swap with buying toyota axle cost me about 800 bucks only thing i need is the high steer ($369 from trail gear) so yeah it will be some coin but you can go wheel and have fun until then. just look for deals, read what everyone else has done to build there rigs, and start collecting what you can.:cool: have fun!!

Hey if your looking for a 85 runner frame that you could drop that body onto ill be getting rid of mine here in a couple months. I have a 85 ext cab im goin to put all my drive train in. Im goin to get some diamond axles too so you could have a partial front and rear axle.

Keep an eye on your top a-arm mounts the a-arms have a tendency to rip out. Also put a idler arm gusset on they bend really easy, you will have to replace the bushings in the arm but that's easy and available from Toyota.

Latest posts

Back