• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lay's Hardline Custom / Jimmys4x4 Chassis " Milk Dud "

Re: Lay's Solid MFG Chassis Build

blacksheep10 said:
I don't know, I head about a smokin deal on some 42 iroks :flipgotcha:

Yep, he came over last night and didnt realize how much tread they had.... SOLD. thumb.gif

This post is dedicated to all the people .... CheapJ7 .... that said it would never get done ! laughing1

Chassisstartfrt.jpg

thumb.gif Once the tabs hit the door its AWN - SON

Chassisstart.jpg

You got the measurments on where to mount the links on the axle? If not hollar and I will go measure or you can do it at RBD.

Toddy

Toddy said:
You got the measurments on where to mount the links on the axle? If not hollar and I will go measure or you can do it at RBD.

Toddy

Ill let you know if I have any issue, I appreciate the offer !

Got the brackets and tabs in today ! Bling Blang !

[attachment deleted by admin]

The one above is a front axle upper link tower, sa-weet dimple die' and multi-piece design.

Here's the rear tower "kits"
rearaxletowers.jpg

Toddy, if you dont mind throwing some #'s at me for comparasion's sake that would be cool. I dont know what rearend you run , most of these have aftermarket blingy axles under them and we are just rocking out a 14B , but I would like to see were I am compared to were your at.

Its fine as it is , man its nice having a level nicely finished floor to work off of... the chassis is level and all that laughing1 Im use to much worse working conditions I feel all spoiled ! The rear of this thing can be re-donkulous, he has 16" shocks and I can split em easily at ride height so he has 8 up and 8 down. Chassis already had tabs for the shocks and Links and he didnt want to spend money on more link material and so forth so I put it basically were it was already laid out. Mike had the uppers going to the center of the diff when he laid it out, so I took what we had and made it work there as well, one upper was a little longer then the other so I split the difference and adjusted the other one out and we hung em were we could. We hung the Sway-A-Ways too, I gotta pick up some shock spacers at lunch then tonight Ill final weld all the rearend and Ill move up to the front. Its going to take a good bit more effort and some fabrication for a mount for the passenger side upper . I got a clean idea though. :afro:

rear4link.jpg

Ill try to open the trailer and look at Kim and Droops buggy adn get you some numbers.

Toddy

Toddy said:
Ill try to open the trailer and look at Kim and Droops buggy adn get you some numbers.

Toddy

I hope they got it all cleaned up after last weekend !! laughing1

they look sexy when they are all together

paul has got something in his head that is going to be straight up pimpin if we do it :afro:

..........and by we i mean P, because i have no skillzzzzz

P said:
I hope they got it all cleaned up after last weekend !! laughing1

Havent even opened the trailer since we go home. Droop will be on it this weekend though.

Toddy

Toddy said:
Havent even opened the trailer since we go home. Droop will be on it this weekend though.

Toddy
:drinkers:

OK, so NOW the brackets look cool as **** ! Cuz they are DONE ! :afro:

rear4linktowers.jpg

Why stop there.... 4 link out back is done too. thumb.gif

rear4linkontires.jpg

rear4linkfromfront.jpg

rear4linktoprear.jpg

Got his engine, transmission on Tcase over here today. Just modded the Tcase for twin stick , trying to decide what to do about the front suspension, his low pinion Dodge front is NOT going to accept the suspension design this chassis is setup for. Technically we "could" rotate the C's but fug alot of that labor , gonna do some more thinking on it for now before I commit to a suspension up front...

Throw some options at me, right now Im leaning towards a linked setup ( 3 or 4 ) with a panhard for lateral control since staying low and clearing the driveshaft are the issue's Im having right now.

dodge60.jpg

205.jpg

enginetranny.jpg

Oh yea, he started to put his plate diff cover on as well..

14Bcover.jpg

the three link on my buggy holds up well... the geometry is smokin'... just get you a metrosexual engineer to design it for you.... :flipoff1:

yup, with the LP I'm doing in the TJ right now, I had to triangulate the lowers in just far enough to be inside the pivot on the dshaft at the 2 piece so the shaft follows the link down instead of gaining on it, and roll it up quite a ways, went to -1* caster. if it drives like ****, I'll roll em later. I can come down to neutral, but will have to limit the 14 on droop on the rf corner by a bit. LP suck!
3 link that bitch, its easy enough.

Little more progress, seem's I will be able to "cheat" the driveline passed the lower link afterall and still be content with the suspension geometery. Its gonna be REAL tight , I hope we have enough material left over for a spare lower link cause if he tweaks the passenger side one enough it will get into the driveshaft laughing1

tcasetranny.jpg

Im hope the transfer case mount being so close to the front output doesnt cause us any problem's, Lay says he has put a yoke on it and it clear's. He's supposed to bring a yoke next time he comes over.
trannybellydepthside.jpg

From the top of the front diff.....
trannytcasefrontdriveline.jpg