• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which Link Material?

I've built several 2" al links with 1.25" thread in them. I also mill a hex onto the ends, haven't had a failure yet. All the links I have done are for people with at least decent horsepower and a willingness to beat the fawk out of their junk.

Blase said:
Thanks that's what I was looking for thumb.gif. Sounds like the "Rock Midget" runs the same set-up on his, maybe he will grace us with his wisdom/opinion :flipoff1: :afro:.

I just wrote the checks Blase my boy. There is PUH-LENTY of meat there....of couse, you might be building one of those monster trucks like Beyer built so you might have to stay on the bunny slopes :flipoff1:

I ran 2.5" aluminum 6061 on my last rig, with 1" heims. never broke a link, but I bent a few. Plus if you don't maintain them they will get loose and pull out. The only thing I didn't like about my aluminium links is that they tend to stick to the rocks more and not slide. I actually bent one to a 30degree angle, the link never broke and the heim never came out. That is worth running aluminum for me. if it was steel I would have been foooooked.

Blase said:
Well I'm sold, 2.00 it is loller.gif. It it breaks I will just blame it on Nolen and call it a day.

Everyone else does.....when will you have a chassis to work on or is it turn-key?

wngrog said:
Everyone else does.....when will you have a chassis to work on or is it turn-key?

It is going to be turn the key to get into the garage and work on it :flipoff1: :flipoff1: molaugh. I am picking it up on the way back from Farmington 8/8/08. I will do a build on it once I get it into a roller, should provide you with some good laughs. :popcorn: Once I get back the parts should start rolling in. I am hoping to have the axles motor/trans/t-case mounted and in by Nov. 1st.

Stan got back from me at Branik, he is gonna help me out a ton on this and get them to XRRA finals so no shipping, sounds like a good deal to me. I noticed last night that I have a bannana for a lower rear link, so it is just in time...

Good deal. Them Branik boys is good people. Can't wait to party down on Sat night with 'em

Glad you got squared Matt

Yeah I am getting setup with proper links, this will be good because one of my rear lowers is BAD bent!

1.5" 7075 uppers
1.75" 7075 lowers
1.5" 7075 tie rod

Stan is the man over at Branik, he is helping me out a TON. Glad there are some vendors out there that will cut people a break when they see they are making a huge committment for a chance at a real race ;D