• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moab Trip

money_pit_yj

Heading to Moab in a couple of weeks. We are going to be doing a lot of outdoorsy stuff but I am not going all the way out there and not riding RZRs for a day. Anybody got a lead on someone who rents out there? Also, trying to figure out if it is worth having a guide or just wandering around on our own. I get lost at Hawk Pride and Hot Springs so I am not sure I can handle getting around out yonder in that country.

Heading to Moab in a couple of weeks. We are going to be doing a lot of outdoorsy stuff but I am not going all the way out there and not riding RZRs for a day. Anybody got a lead on someone who rents out there? Also, trying to figure out if it is worth having a guide or just wandering around on our own. I get lost at Hawk Pride and Hot Springs so I am not sure I can handle getting around out yonder in that country.
Sounds like a fun trip! @Sawzall or @Dan_Goodwin may have some more recent insight to give, as well as @Mattman347 or @JeepDedication.

Man i could visit Moab once a year and be a happy man. Love that place.
I used Ultimate UTV Adventures a year ago and it was a good experience. I did have a guide and he was cool.
With enough direction, I don't think it's needed on the easy stuff. If doing something more challenging, i think i would get a guide.
Have a good time out there. Post some pics when you go!

Man i could visit Moab once a year and be a happy man. Love that place.
I used Ultimate UTV Adventures a year ago and it was a good experience. I did have a guide and he was cool.
With enough direction, I don't think it's needed on the easy stuff. If doing something more challenging, i think i would get a guide.
Have a good time out there. Post some pics when you go!
Glad you posted this info. I knew there was another forum member with semi-recent experience but was drawing a blank on who that was.

I rented a JKU Rubicon from Cliffhanger, (if I remember correctly), years ago but never rented a SxS in Moab. They had a list of trails that were not allowed. Supposedly they would deduct $300 from your credit card if the Jeep was even spotted at the trailhead. Not sure if that is still a policy or if it applies to SxSs. I highly recommend the Onion Creek trail. It was the best scenic trail that we did. It is not challenging though. It could have been done in a crossover SUV when we were there. The back side of Arches National Park was great but SxSs, even if street legal, are not allowed there.

take your "streetble" lj. get the funtreks book and go have fun. screw renting some side by side junk out there and following rules while paying out the ass for it.

When are yall going? I'll be in Moab the first full week in October with a group of rzrs.

I'd never been to Moab before May of this year and, long story short, had about 48 hours to spend in Moab. I rented a JLU and booked a guided sunset tour on Hells Revenge and Fins and Things through Twisted Jeeps, who was also top notch to deal with. I enjoyed having the guide for an afternoon to get the lay of the land but would have felt comfortable doing other trails solo.

We also went to Canyonlands and Arches while out there and enjoyed both. There are dirt road options at both parks that we took our rental jeep on.

Moab SXS Adventures great people

I will be in Moab October 5-13. Have been exploring the area for about 30 years and helped organize several offroad rallies there. If you will be there the same time we could meet up and I could recommend some trails.
I trailer my junk down so don't know anything about the side by side rental places

Latest posts

Back