• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Moab Trip

Did they see the girls walking around with nothing but pasties on their nipples??? :giggle:
Yep. My oldest knew his mom would smack him in the ear if he looked twice so we just wondered away giggling like two high schoolers. I explained that those were girls whose dads didn't hug them enough and we went on our way. Moab was awesome in a rented CanAm so now we are in the market for a new KRX. We only did two real trails and rode a ton of gravel roads out on the Colorado River. We did Fins N Things and Hells Revenge. I had a blast and will go back, but I still like our wheeling out here better. The traction there is ignorant. I thought Disney was crazy, then we go out there and never slipped a tire. It was odd. My big decision now is a 4 seater or 2 seater. There are valid arguments for both.

Yep. My oldest knew his mom would smack him in the ear if he looked twice so we just wondered away giggling like two high schoolers. I explained that those were girls whose dads didn't hug them enough and we went on our way. Moab was awesome in a rented CanAm so now we are in the market for a new KRX. We only did two real trails and rode a ton of gravel roads out on the Colorado River. We did Fins N Things and Hells Revenge. I had a blast and will go back, but I still like our wheeling out here better. The traction there is ignorant. I thought Disney was crazy, then we go out there and never slipped a tire. It was odd. My big decision now is a 4 seater or 2 seater. There are valid arguments for both.
2 seat KRX for you and the wife, older 2 seat 800S for the kiddos to drive. booyang:dblthumb:

@money_pit_yj glad to hear y'all had a good trip. The weather was just about perfect.

Hopefully Dan Goodwin will update this post from his recent trip and give some entertainment...
I'm still recovering from the travel hangover! 30 hours nonstop is no joke.

I told myself I'd never own another SXS and was content to ride passenger for this trip. Well, that went out the window after I got on Marketplace and found the cheapest XP1k Turbo I could find (with the intent to sell it come tax return time). I drove to McEwen, TN 2 weeks before we left and picked up a 2016 RZR XP1k Turbo with a cage, wheels and tires, winch and radio for a solid deal. It got a complete service and new (used) front diff and was thrown on the trailer.

We had a last minute travel change and had to shove 3 rigs on a 30FT trailer I borrowed from work. I slept for 4 hours the night before we left, met at a buddy's shop at 6am Saturday and headed west.

01bc5f4ab0fd720d070d5bf1d13cd851d76ad70740.jpg

Thankfully we didn't have any mechanical breakdowns on the trip out there. that's @ibrokeit's F150 on the corner of that picture. We rolled into Moab around noon on Sunday after a 32 hour drive.

Monday we rode Area BFE with the orange axle boot feller himself Ricky Berry. BFE was a really good place to ride with everything from mild to outright insane and the folks running it were awesome. Ricky was putting on a driving clinic and was putting his RZR on buggy lines.

01ad4c485eb3c19caa6947a6c33a582a2019b3f3e3.jpg

Tuesday we hit The Pickle and Dunes that's a shorter canyon trail. I broke a right rear axle that we swapped out that night.

Wednesday we did the tougher half of Kane Creek. Apparently all the recent rain made the trail easier, but I had to winch several spots (mostly due to my lack of seat time).

01fb9dae0426dec48255bbf54e8f078b1d9a7d7fa2.jpg

Thursday was Pritchett Canyon and was no joke. I winched several times but a few in our crew made it unassisted. The buggy in the left hand side of the above picture tore a shock tab off and we ended up having to call Trail Mater to come and weld the tab shock tab back together enough to limp it off the trail. Rory was super nice and did a great job. He filmed the recovery so keep an eye out for that on YouTube. We hit up Moab Metal Works to fix cut and weld on new tabs that relocated the shocks above the hood.

0149a150fb6b0ee49d19784e0cc4549c4ce7bc6af3_00001.jpg

012cafd500bb50547827a943c3d23ea64bfae19f20.jpg

01aa398aed87679d4ef49ddd3be141c5a2b97f8f98.jpg

01c8430728247fcf7ec9d09287d73d4c6f1090647c.jpg

Friday was Steel Bender and was a long trail but still a good time, even though it had several rough stretches that I could have done without.

The drive home was as uneventful as the drive out (thankfully) and we got back in Birmingham around noon Sunday. It was a fantastic trip overall, but the drive there and back is a tough one.

Latest posts

Back