• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New build from Tuckers Offroad "Lady Luck"

ridefast said:
exactly

It doesnt matter if it was $0.05 or $5000.

YOU are part of the problem in this country.

You don't know ****. Half the people who would bitch about that flag on the roof wouldn't mind one bit to look at a half naked lady in an American flag bikini. I am all about intentions. I believe his intentions were good & patriotic and that is good enough for me. Let's not forget that flag was probably made in China anyways

Plus, some young kid seeing this flag romping around on the trails will do more good to instill a sense of Patriotism & pride than almost any thing in a child I would assume

I guess I'm suprised this offends people, desecration of a flag to me would be something dishonorable and I thought being a proud American and showing it would be a great way to incorporate it, in no way did I intend it to offend anyone I thought that it showed support and patriotism ! I thought it was a nice display of America and American iron and freedom , I will gladly remove it if it bother ya'll that certainly wasn't my intent , I will remove it and dispose of it properly and make a dimple died pannel

ID B ON BOARD 100% IF IT WAS BOWTIE POWERED BUT HEY EVERYBODY HAS DIFFERENT TATSE :****: LOOKS COOL AND IM SURE ITLL BEAT DOWN SOON... I LOVE TO SEE THE LADIES GIVE EM HELL :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Rockwells607 said:
I guess I'm suprised this offends people, desecration of a flag to me would be something dishonorable and I thought being a proud American and showing it would be a great way to incorporate it, in no way did I intend it to offend anyone I thought that it showed support and patriotism ! I thought it was a nice display of America and American iron and freedom , I will gladly remove it if it bother ya'll that certainly wasn't my intent , I will remove it and dispose of it properly and make a dimple died pannel

I think your heart was in the right place. Hell I've had a flag flying off my roll cage before. This is a touchy subject especially with recent events happening.

The rig is absolutely amazing. I would be honored to ride in it, let alone own it.
But..... I had the same opinion on flag when I seen it. A lot of people are taking flags serious right now. I could care less about 99% of those people. ( confederate flag haters, gay flag wavers) The only people this would offend having it on your buggy in this manner, would be the only group of people who I would not want to offend. ( veterans and people who truely still love and have hope for this country).
My opinion not that it matters, put some aluminum on it and have it vinyl wrapped with red white and blue. I've actually looked into doing my skins on my buggy and they have some really unique, Americain themed graphics available.

Eddyj said:
The rig is absolutely amazing. I would be honored to ride in it, let alone own it.
But..... I had the same opinion on flag when I seen it. A lot of people are taking flags serious right now. I could care less about 99% of those people. ( confederate flag haters, gay flag wavers) The only people this would offend having it on your buggy in this manner, would be the only group of people who I would not want to offend. ( veterans and people who truely still love and have hope for this country).
My opinion not that it matters, put some aluminum on it and have it vinyl wrapped with red white and blue. I've actually looked into doing my skins on my buggy and they have some really unique, Americain themed graphics available.

X2. And very well said!

Right, being a free state resident, no other flag ever mattered except teh stars and stripes. There are a very strict set of rules for flag handling, disposal, and examples of how not to desecrate. I was taught these at an early age. I wasn't offended by your use of it, but knew it fell in teh "desecration" category. the gray area is when things are made to represent the flag. Tank tops, bikinis, whatever. They are not made of a flag per se, but the idea is the same. I'm not offended one bit by clothes etc made of a flag. I cringe when I see an actual flag made to fly on the wind used as something other than that.
I need to go reread the rules of flag treatment out loud, as I have a 6 year old son now that needs to hear it as much as I need to brush up.
PS, where is an American flag smiley :flipoff1:
Cool buggy btw, congrats.

blacksheep10 said:
Right, being a free state resident, no other flag ever mattered except teh stars and stripes. There are a very strict set of rules for flag handling, disposal, and examples of how not to desecrate. I was taught these at an early age. I wasn't offended by your use of it, but knew it fell in teh "desecration" category. the gray area is when things are made to represent the flag. Tank tops, bikinis, whatever. They are not made of a flag per se, but the idea is the same. I'm not offended one bit by clothes etc made of a flag. I cringe when I see an actual flag made to fly on the wind used as something other than that.
I need to go reread the rules of flag treatment out loud, as I have a 6 year old son now that needs to hear it as much as I need to brush up.
PS, where is an American flag smiley :flipoff1:
Cool buggy btw, congrats.

This^^^. A flag is meant to fly. Cloths, paint, graphics, stencils, etc. are fine to be used on anything, but not a flag. I know you heart was in the right place. Now lets see some vids!

I removed the flag today due to this thread and I wrote a Facebook post apologizing , a huge outpouring has come in to run the flag the way it is, me and my wife have talked all day about it, we never considered this as an issue , I gave her the choice to do as she pleases with or without it and I will stand behind her choice either way she goes , thanks for the nice comments on the build !

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know anywhere in the Chattanooga area that would/can paint a flag on steel like discussed? I have a space between two bars on my cage and I think it would look cool with the American flag on it like that.

jeeptj99 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know anywhere in the Chattanooga area that would/can paint a flag on steel like discussed? I have a space between two bars on my cage and I think it would look cool with the American flag on it like that.

Look into vinyl wrap, WAY cheaper & easier to replace

Rockwells607 said:
I removed the flag today due to this thread and I wrote a Facebook post apologizing , a huge outpouring has come in to run the flag the way it is, me and my wife have talked all day about it, we never considered this as an issue , I gave her the choice to do as she pleases with or without it and I will stand behind her choice either way she goes , thanks for the nice comments on the build !

I applaud the way you did this sir! Top notch way to handle the situation!
Awesome build, awesome rig and awesome intentions all around!!

I wish my wife liked to wheel so I had an excuse to build her a rig!!

muddinmetal said:
You don't know ****. Half the people who would bitch about that flag on the roof wouldn't mind one bit to look at a half naked lady in an American flag bikini. I am all about intentions. I believe his intentions were good & patriotic and that is good enough for me. Let's not forget that flag was probably made in China anyways

Plus, some young kid seeing this flag romping around on the trails will do more good to instill a sense of Patriotism & pride than almost any thing in a child I would assume
I agree here I mean what would be the big difference between a piece of metal with the flag on it I think the problem with America is the over sensitive folks that find that offensive in any way it shouldn't be offensive to be patriotic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

417chevy said:
I agree here I mean what would be the big difference between a piece of metal with the flag on it I think the problem with America is the over sensitive folks that find that offensive in any way it shouldn't be offensive to be patriotic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to simmer down son. Be "patriotic" is exactly what he did, by removing it. You guys are quick to blame the over sencetive hippies about complaining, but if you have any sort of reading comprehension, you will notice that people simply gave him advice because in fact he was desrecating the flag, Albeit with good intentions. So shut your mouth and go finish you rig. Please take some more pics your build thread is slowing down.

Latest posts

Back