• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pirate Kicks TapATalk To The Curb

I've noticed a lot of the auto-related forums I visit occasionally have gone to AutoGuide. I don't know why, maybe it is somehow more attractive to the forum owners? But once you actually log into the forum from within AutoGuide the functionality is identical to Tapatalk right down to the layout and icons / buttons.

Meh, I use my phone browser for the limited times I do use my phone to surf the web. I sure as hell am not paying for any app. Same with a star over there.. Just never saw a reason to.

I only get on pirate with my iPhone or iPad and use the good ol safari. It has started highlighting a bunch of random words and its driving me nuts :****:

I never used TapaTalk anyway. If I click a link that goes to Pirate (or any other forum), I always decline the app, because it never actually goes to the link location. Worthless IMO.

Re: Re: Pirate Kicks TapATalk To The Curb

Once I got used to Tapatalk, I love it.

I'm glad I can read this and it not make the first **** to me. The only times I've posted on Pirate was for sale ad when I was selling my Tacoma and anytime someone links a **** talking thread here from Pirate....then I go call a few ppl random names and talk about their mothers, just bc everyone there walks around with a large penis in their ass. Then back to my normal Hardline postwhoring.

My life would be no different if Pirate "closed the doors for good" tomorrow...except the fact that several of those cocksuckers would probably be frequenting Hardline more and more.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

Re: Re: Pirate Kicks TapATalk To The Curb

The future of Hardline is only uphill from here on out imho.

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

^^^ i been saying that for 7 years and look where thats got us....
Pirate was a wealth of knowledge, there still is alot there if you can find it in a search. If it does go under imagine how much dumbfuck the next generation of wheeler is going to be....

InDaShop said:
^^^ i been saying that for 7 years and look where thats got us....
Pirate was a wealth of knowledge, there still is alot there if you can find it in a search. If it does go under imagine how much dumbfuck the next generation of wheeler is going to be....

The next generation is drowning in entitlement. They are all going to want their daddy's or Obama to build their JK anyway...or get Adair to do it for them.

The ap isn't horrible, there is a free version and there are a **** ton of car sites on there too. Change isn't always bad unless its Kenyan.

crawlin85cj said:
The next generation is drowning in entitlement. They are all going to want their daddy's or Obama to build their JK anyway...or get Adair to do it for them.

The ap isn't horrible, there is a free version and there are a **** ton of car sites on there too. Change isn't always bad unless its Kenyan.

Or Nobama style change, that's always bad!!!

Never used Tapatalk, since I don't mind phone and tablets browser and the screen looking just like it does on the computer. I rarely log into to Pirate just because of all the e-assholes on there unless I'm looking for something specific or watching KOH coverage.

I use the TapATalk their daily. I look at the TorchMate forum every day. Not a lot of activity, but some real knowledgeable folks willing to help out others with Torchmate tables.

Generally looked at it on the iPad.

I'm going to boycott and not renew my black star.

Really, if you used Tapatalk with Pirate using AG is no different and no more an inconvenience beyond paying $3.08 for the second app. (If that's what you want to do, I personally don't mind the ads.) Everyone bitching about the switch is like potato vs. pototo, IMO. So many auto forums are making the same switch right now that I would not be at all surprised if someday this one did, too.

And I know Pirate has become home of the bitches minus the tech in the past year or two, but anyone who claims that this hobby would be where it is today without Pirate is just flat out hallucinating.

Now can someone please instruct me on how to save tech threads from Pirate to my hard drive before it goes broke and disappears? :)

Im with ya JJ, Im almost to celebrate 10 years on PBB, lot has happened and changed since then.
Now if we could just scrape content "google style" and back it up for use elsewhere....

Ok, so the techs gone. Where have all the guys thy used to provide gone??? I think most are still there but just say F-it Im done contributing to a bunch of thankless ****s aka "eAssholes"

patooyee said:
Now can someone please instruct me on how to save tech threads from Pirate to my hard drive before it goes broke and disappears? :)

Get a free PDF printer. I use BullZip.

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

Print to the virtual printer (saves as PDF), then choose a place on your hard drive. On multiple page threads, you would have to save each page, but you can easily join them together.

InDaShop said:
Ok, so the techs gone. Where have all the guys thy used to provide gone??? I think most are still there but just say F-it Im done contributing to a bunch of thankless ****s aka "eAssholes"

That and they get stalkers / haters that follow them from thread to thread and sometimes in real life and it just gets to the point that there's too much hate and they give up. And a lot of the racers don't share tech anymore because they think it gives away their edge. And being that everyone and their brother on Pirate thinks they're a racer these days ...

JohnG said:
Get a free PDF printer. I use BullZip.

http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

Print to the virtual printer (saves as PDF), then choose a place on your hard drive. On multiple page threads, you would have to save each page, but you can easily join them together.

I have a pdf printer and know how to use it, but I wish there was some way to download the entire thread in html format in one foul swoop. No? You would think there should be ...

Edit: Google shows a lot of ways to do it page by page, but not a program to rip the entire thread in one swoop.

it's not an answer, but increase the number of posts per page and that may lessen the number of printed pages

mikeyg79 said:
it's not an answer, but increase the number of posts per page and that may lessen the number of printed pages

Saw that suggestion on Google also. I found several web page saver programs, I'm fairly certain one of them will work. Just got to figure out how to tweak the settings properly.

Back