• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pirate Kicks TapATalk To The Curb

Is autoguide somehow tied into different search engines? There is a bunch of old threads on pirate from like 2007 getting bumped in the for sale section and gen 4x4.

jeeps4fun said:
Curious why people think KOH is part of the problem over there??

Nobody wants to show there competitors all of their secrets. This is why there has been a decrease in tech since then.

85toyo said:
Nobody wants to show there competitors all of their secrets. This is why there has been a decrease in tech since then.

But its the same here. Clandestine builds. Take any TC build, ever. No tech, not specs, just a lot of speculation.

KOH took Pirate from crawling competitors, trail riders, fabricators and lurkers to pretty much none of the above. It's just an observation but from people that used Pirate often, if not daily, the Gen 4x4 section just dwindled. And in the advent of smart phones and programs like Tapatalk, it's truthfully not the same.

jeeps4fun said:
Curious why people think KOH is part of the problem over there??

The reasons already stated, and also just the fact that everyone there now thinks they are a racer. It used to be that it was assumed anyone there was a home-brew trailer-rider. Now the assumption is that you race, and and if not, what is wrong with you? Also, the build threads went from lots of good tech to just pics of expensive shinny parts. (These are just generalities. There are lots of exceptions to them.)

InDaShop said:
But its the same here. Clandestine builds. Take any TC build, ever. No tech, not specs, just a lot of speculation.

I never really was clear as to the original intent of this forum but one thing I never did expect or come here for was tech. That's not to say that it doesn't exist or I haven't used it for that in the past, just that it was not part of my expectations. I've always primarily used this forum as a means to stay in touch with southeastern news and wheelers and the occasional builds. I don't find anything wrong with that, just different forums for different purposes. I know many more people here in person than I do on Pirate and am way more likely to run into people on here that I don't know than from Pirate. Some of the secrecy of some builds are disappointing to me. There's so much that we could all learn from and I don't understand the need for it since we aren't competitors. In general I've always felt that the progress of ANYTHING is only benefited from the free-flow and sharing of information, 4x4's included. But since I didn't come here expecting tech, the disappointment isn't as harsh as on Pirate where the tech has always been the focus of concentration and is only recently gone. (At least for me.)

Re: Re: Pirate Kicks TapATalk To The Curb

I would say my main attraction to Hardline is the sole fact that it's mainly comprised of southeasterners also... so I'm able to keep up with all the rides posted and attend them if I'm able. I'm still a little wet behind the ears when it comes to working on my ****, but I'm learning and usually always get my questions answered here if I run across something I can't figure out. Good people here and I like good people. :dblthumb:

Sent from my not-so-dumb phone...

You can still search on pirate and find the answer to almost ANY 4x4 related question, i love that. And it is still a great place to buy and sell stuff

Neal3000 said:
You can still search on pirate and find the answer to almost ANY 4x4 related question, i love that. And it is still a great place to buy and sell stuff

If it wasnt for the Toyota forum, I would never have got mine done as cheap or as good as it is. I have learned a lot from there, but the asshattery is probaby going to kill it in the end.

Back